• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Welcome to CoachT.com Message Boards

Take part in our online community by signing up! Get in the game today! This message disappears when you sign in.

mjuhb

John Olive New AD AT Tullahoma And Out Has Coach

16 posts in this topic

Jerry Mathis already has a title has Assistant Principal. So i assume he can keep his seat on the board of control. And last who gets hired has head coach.

Your headline is incorrect.  Coach Olive HAS been named AD for 2017-2018 but has NOT been removed from his football coaching assignment.  We have every hope and expectation of a very successful season with Coach Olive at our helm. I made the call.

Sounds like trouble is brewing in t-town. From whats going around Mathis was shown the door. Long overdue if its true.

Your headline is incorrect.  Coach Olive HAS been named AD for 2017-2018 but has NOT been removed from his football coaching assignment.  We have every hope and expectation of a very successful season with Coach Olive at our helm. I made the call.

I applaud the decision  on naming Olive as AD. I also thank Coach Mathis for his service as baseball coach, teacher, AD at THS.

As far as the football program for 2017. I hope the best for THS, and have  great respect for Coach Olive, and what he has done over the years. And I agree with all those who praise Olive  as a molder of young men.

However the past two win less seasons in football is not acceptable.  I realize they  were injuries, and probably off the field problems that I am not aware of. But THS was soundly beaten  week after week, even by some of the weaker teams on the schedule.

Edited by RLA53

If what I was told he should not have been on the Board of Control anyway.  If he is working on a 100 day contract, that is not considered full time.

Mathis was a good baseball coach, but it was high time for him retire from the AD job. I blame him for the bad hires he has made in selecting basketball coaches. And the overall direction of the sports programs. 

I applaud the decision  on naming Olive as AD. I also thank Coach Mathis for his service as baseball coach, teacher, AD at THS.

As far as the football program for 2017. I hope the best for THS, and have  great respect for Coach Olive, and what he has done over the years. And I agree with all those who praise Olive  as a molder of young men.

However the past two win less seasons in football is not acceptable.  I realize they  were injuries, and probably off the field problems that I am not aware of. But THS was soundly beaten  week after week, even by some of the weaker teams on the schedule.

talent level has been the difference