Refs

Indian

Watching a game on film from earlier in the season, the opponent isn't as important as 3 refs failed to call anything-despite the ball being right there-when a player clearly kicks another in the head as both are on the floor scrambling for a loose ball. How does that go uncalled? Bias toward home team vs another from outside the officiating area, laziness, just not wanting to fool with an ejection? It was really pathetic.

Edited by Indian

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an upper Cumberland issue 100% to many men and women wearing the stripes that have major egos and cannot leave them at there job site or in the locker room before they leave to come onto the gym floor that night to do a job which is govern the rules that the National Federatin. Not changing rules or calling how they feel during the game. It's a shame that with the quality of basketball in this area that the professionalism of the officials is not up to that standard.

It's an upper Cumberland issue 100% to many men and women wearing the stripes that have major egos and cannot leave them at there job site or in the locker room before they leave to come onto the gym floor that night to do a job which is govern the rules that the National Federatin. Not changing rules or calling how they feel during the game. It's a shame that with the quality of basketball in this area that the professionalism of the officials is not up to that standard.

Did you ever hit that on the head. The officiating in the Upper Cumberland is as bad as I've ever seen. The way they will single out a player and make themselves front and center is terrible. The calls and no calls. I saw two officials that do high school games working a middle school game where a player was lying on the floor and another play stomped him in the chest and no call was made. The level of ability and desire to be front and center is terrible.

Did you ever hit that on the head. The officiating in the Upper Cumberland is as bad as I've ever seen. The way they will single out a player and make themselves front and center is terrible. The calls and no calls. I saw two officials that do high school games working a middle school game where a player was lying on the floor and another play stomped him in the chest and no call was made. The level of ability and desire to be front and center is terrible.

Just curious but was this in a Pickett vs Prescott middle school game? Because if so, the film doesn't support your argument.

Just curious but was this in a Pickett vs Prescott middle school game? Because if so, the film doesn't support your argument.

I have a son on the Prescott team and yes the video does support it as well as the shoe print on the kids jersey and the bruise on his chest. All of which the principal has photos of. I was there yes it happened. 

Edited by UTRok

I feel your pain! I agree with you except it's not just in your area,it seems to be most everywhere! I know that they used to make 85 for the doubleheader if so that's about 82.50 too much. You're absolutely right that they think the game is about them.Just make the calls and let players and coaches win or lose the game!

No at Prescott boys game.

But was it the Pickett at Prescott boys game I meant? Bcuz the film definitely didn't show anything malicious on that. If that's what you're talking about I remember the specific play. It was a weird play, but nothing intentional about it or anything like that. But, that's off topic as to what this thread was about. I was just curious.

Ecu, it's not about being happy with the refs people will never be satisfied with there performance win or lose. But the biggest thing is for these guys to be 100% professional and do there job to there best abilities.

Totally agree. Most do but those few who don't make the others look bad.