IS IT GOOD TACTICS, GOOD OR BAD SPORTS OR COWARDICE

Booger

If you are coming back from having your elbow dislocated so severe that it looked like a 90 degree in the opposite direction, ligament damage and it's your senior year. I think I would take forfeit against tough opponent and give the injury another week to get even stronger. I would rather get to state and figure how far I could push a recovering injury.

• Upvote 1

Maybe I'm missing something, but this doesn't seem to make sense. First how would anyone know the brackets at the time of the FF for state? Second, why would someone want to be second instead of first as the odds are you'd have a better draw placing first. Third, how would someone already know the results from the other regions? Finally, IMO in the region that seems to be referenced, this is probably the state finals match anyway. Regardless if there was a FF or a match, the two would be on opposite sides at state regardless. Please enlighten me Booger.

• Upvote 1

no need for enlightenment.....and no particular target....was a side ear on a conversation yesterday that being openly discussed as to how much effort was needed to be put into a finals match because there may be a lighter brackets down a few seeds....you have to win them all to get the ball...only thing that could change is how high of a box one got to stand on....cant imagine the prediction could be that accurate, but it does appear that every year there are odd number of forfeits in the finals as compared to the earlier matches

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

First, if you don't win your region unless it's changed you don't get a seed, only returning placers that win their regions get a seed and the rest are blind drawn based on 1 and 4 from same region on same side and 2 and 3 on same side but different parts of the quads, so not sure losing a match on purpose would be much help at all because I have seen former state placers all placed in same side of the bracket because they didn't win their region win the blind draw was put out.

Edited by cobrakid8

First, if you don't win your region unless it's changed you don't get a seed, only returning players that win their regions get a seed and the rest are blind drawn based on 1 and 4 from same region on same side and 2 and 3 on same side but different parts of the quads, so not sure losing a match on purpose would be much help at all because I have seen former state players all placed in same side of the bracket because they didn't win their region win the blind draw was put out.

True... Sounds a bit out of character for booger.... Reminds me the few times ol' bearcat Brown would get turned sideways on occasion with Tee or Jack

so it would b more bad sports decision and bad tactics?

Booger just sayin :unsure:

I think AWN already answered your question. Out of the one or two wrestling matches I've seen over my lifetime, the ONLY time I've seen anyone FF in a qualifier (once they're qualified) is to rest an injury. Of course if someone has actually never wrestled, they may not understand the concept.

PS. Cobrakid, I hope "players" was a typo. I take it you meant "placers"?

Edited by Newestguy

This is a touchy subject for a parent who has watched their kid scrap all year and seen behind closed doors the pain he tolerates and the toughness he shows to make me proud!! Don't like this topic!! Should have never been started. To many circumstances and things we would not know about that could cause someone to make this decision or for their parent to make it for them. The goal is to make it to state and compete at the highest level that you are physically capable of correct?

Gobobcatd, I'm glad you pointed out that it's not normally the wrestlers decision. If we left it up to them, they would be on the mat. This is hard for a true wrestler to do. Wait 9 months every year to be on the mat, work their tales off for most of their life, and do things most athletes could never go through. Breaks my heart to see them miss a match "win or loose". We all pray that our sons stay injury free. I don't think they realize how fast it goes by till (for most) that region tournament senior year.