Individual State Predictions -- AAA

WrestlingGod

At the risk of creating another Region 4 debate and DaChamps calling me out, I would like to point out that there seems to be a lack of Soddy wrestlers in the picks.  Are the Soddy guys dark horses?  Or was I maybe correct when I stated that possibly, Soddy isn't the third best team in the state, after all? 

At the risk of creating another Region 4 debate and DaChamps calling me out, I would like to point out that there seems to be a lack of Soddy wrestlers in the picks. Are the Soddy guys dark horses? Or was I maybe correct when I stated that possibly, Soddy isn't the third best team in the state, after all?

Not many Bradley wrestlers are picked either, but that doesn't mean much bud and we all know how good Bradley is lol. As a whole team, like most other ppl think, Soddy is most likely the 3rd-4th best team. Hard to pick individual tourneys. There could be dark horses from Bartlett to Science Hill.

I do think this may be the most exciting individual tourney in years. Stiff competition all through Tennessee. It will be a good one.

Edited by DaChampsAgain

I have some SD guys picked as others also. Dont remember if OW or anyone else said SD was best in the state.

Its been well documented that many believe Soddy is solidly the third best team this season.  Don't back off now, you guys have taken this horse out of the barn, you need to ride him all the way home! 

Looking forward to Saturday to see how those predictions pan out.  Good luck to Soddy, if they prove me wrong, I'll be the first one on here Sunday morning eating crow.  Otherwise I hope some of those Region 4 guys take notice that the rest of the state is slowly closing the gap. 

Again, it's easy to have some not place because of the draws they have, they might have came out of Region 4 as a third or 4th place wrestler while they would have came out of a region 8 as a champ because of a weak region. I was kind of disappointed that Arlington only qualified 10 from Region 8 when that region is as weak as it is, so does that mean Arlington isnt as good as you say they are OW? Again this is a individual tourney, team scores prove very little, but again maybe next year you can bring your boys from Arlington over towards the Chatt area so they can get beat again!  :popcorneater:

Its been well documented that many believe Soddy is solidly the third best team this season.  Don't back off now, you guys have taken this horse out of the barn, you need to ride him all the way home! 

Looking forward to Saturday to see how those predictions pan out.  Good luck to Soddy, if they prove me wrong, I'll be the first one on here Sunday morning eating crow.  Otherwise I hope some of those Region 4 guys take notice that the rest of the state is slowly closing the gap. 

So lets see your predictions.

Again, it's easy to have some not place because of the draws they have, they might have came out of Region 4 as a third or 4th place wrestler while they would have came out of a region 8 as a champ because of a weak region. I was kind of disappointed that Arlington only qualified 10 from Region 8 when that region is as weak as it is, so does that mean Arlington isnt as good as you say they are OW? Again this is a individual tourney, team scores prove very little, but again maybe next year you can bring your boys from Arlington over towards the Chatt area so they can get beat again!  :popcorneater:

Whats that old adage about the cream rising to the top?  I wouldn't think a few 3/4 places would deter a #3 team from rising up.  Just like the Falcons #riseup.  If you would have been champ in Region 8 as you say, then you should be able to knock off those #2/#1 region placers in your first couple of rounds.  Even if you get a "bad draw" because of the 3/4 place then you should still be able to battle back to 3rd right? 

I'm not disappointed in "only 10."  And I'll take our 10 over the Soddy 10.  I'll pick Arlington to be top 5 over SD. 

Arlington only had 11 wrestlers entered in the region tourney. The same as when they spotted Soddy 18 points in forfeits and only lost by 13... :popcorneater:

Now let's all agree that both teams are talented and have good kids with chances of placing high this weekend. Hopefully you and OW can bury your petty, childish region feud so that we can all be happy about the level of parity from across the state at this year's tourney.

Well if they continue to have less numbers when it matters, why is that? because i have seen a few times this year that they had 13-14 wrestlers on their roster for tourney's yet when it comes to wrestling people straight up they instead give up forfeits and then dont even try to fill those to weights for a state berth on the line? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but maybe that just makes it feel better to forfeit those classes instead of filling it with kids that get pinned anyways so that you can say look we gave up 18 in forfeits and only lost by 13. And OW which kids should i watch to win a state title for Arlington? You know the two names for Soddy that should place high so who does Arlington bring that should win except for maybe Cannon?

LOL, i am just giving OW a hard time more than anything, i am glad to finally see most of the state start to catch up with the Chattanooga area in wrestling, mid state has always been tough and now the East and West are catching up and it's really good for wrestling in this state! Again though to be the best you have to prove it on the mat, not on a message board. For now the only thing proven is that Cleveland and Bradley are the best teams in the state and for the most part that goes all divisions because Father Ryan was beaten by Cleveland this year soundly the rest after those two is a jumbled mess of mostly mediocrity and that includes my boys from Soddy, however I do know as a FACT that the only TN teams Soddy has lost to this year head to head is Cleveland Bradley and Father Ryan as most every other team has while beating Arlington, Wilson Central and Science Hill. Now you can make excuses that in the arlington match they gave up 18 points in forfeits but Soddy also lost Emory Holcomb a former ranked wrestler and so they gave up a tech to harrison phillips that would not have happened with holcomb, but instead soddy rolled out a JV kid to get some mat time and he got teched, so excuses can be made at any time.