Individual State Predictions -- AAA

WrestlingGod

Well if they continue to have less numbers when it matters, why is that? because i have seen a few times this year that they had 13-14 wrestlers on their roster for tourney's yet when it comes to wrestling people straight up they instead give up forfeits and then dont even try to fill those to weights for a state berth on the line? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but maybe that just makes it feel better to forfeit those classes instead of filling it with kids that get pinned anyways so that you can say look we gave up 18 in forfeits and only lost by 13. And OW which kids should i watch to win a state title for Arlington? You know the two names for Soddy that should place high so who does Arlington bring that should win except for maybe Cannon?

They've had injury problems just like everyone else. No excuses though. Everyone has kids out of the line-up through out the year so they showed up and wrestled regardless. And go look at their first rd match up against Science Hill in the state duals. If they can coach kids up enough to cut bonus points on Arthur James, Chase Diehl, and Luke Story, I think they would be fine against Tony Wilson and the other kids' names who don't even come to mind. As for potential state champions, if you haven't heard Aaron Moore's name by now you either haven't been paying attention or don't know squat. Metcalf is a solid heavyweight as well, with wins over multiple ranked heavyweights. He obviously isn't beating Boykin or Kramer, but he's legit.

Everyone has injuries, Soddy lost Holcomb due to those and he pinned both Arlington wrestlers from last year(baudoin and Mowery and he was the 145 this year that Soddy lost and wilson finally ended up moving down to 145 at regions. Also hopefully you guys can get some more wrestlers out, I would hope with almost 1000 more students you can get enough to fill out a full team, but i am sure Football is more important at the school and that makes it tough to get kids to come out for the real sport.

Aaron Moore should do well at 182, i don't see anyone that's a run away in that weight just not as top heavy as some are so we should see in second round how well he will do when he wrestles Elkins of Bradley so we shall see how he does, and Metcalf does look solid and he beat a solid wrestler like Champion at duals, I looked them up on track, problem is they stay out west quite a bit and I just don't know a ton of wrestlers out that way and so they might have great stats but unless they are wrestling studs often records can be meaningless, but there are a few out there i have heard of and I think Cannon can make a lot of noise this weekend, should be him and Hicks in a semi and that should be a barn burner!

So ive done some research and filled out brackets to the best of my ability. And this is what ive come up with.

106-

1. Noah Horst, Beech

2. Trent Nelson, Tennessee

3. Christian Isbell, Clarksville

4. Cal Rogers, Tullahoma

5. Chandler Davis, Walker Valley

6. Wesley Devaney, Bradley Central

113-

1. TJ Hicks, Bradley Central

2. Brayden Palmer, Beech

3. Garrett Bowers, Cleveland

4. Dillon Pendley, Tennessee

5. Michael Cannon, Arlington

6. Brady Woodward, Summit

120-

1. Sean Sesnan, Wilson Central

2. Calvin Martin, William Blount

3. Nathan Wysong, Science Hill

4. Bryce Pond, Cleveland

5. Job Dooley, Franklin

6. Trey Hicks, Bradley Central

126-

1. Daniel Fowler, Independence

2. Jack Shrader, Franklin

3. Charles Wheaton, Soddy Daisy

4. Austin Plumlee, Mt. Juliet

5. Cole Klingensmith, Summit

6. Kyle Burns, Bearden

132-

1. Ryan McElhaney, Bradley Central

2. Colton Landers, Cleveland

3. Landon Adzima, Gibbs

4. Grant Lundy, East Hamilton

5. Chase Brown, Halls

6. Jalen Henry, Mt. Juliet

138-

1. Dewey Pendley, Tennessee

2. Zack Wilkins, Mt. Juliet

3. Brady Ingram, Independence

4. Harrison Phillips, Arlington

5. Cody Mathews, Cleveland

6. Nicholas Freeman, Ravenwood

145-

1. Knox Fuller, Bradley Central

2. Dalton Cockman, Bartlett

3. Joshua Teaster, Heritage

4. Steven Weist, Mt. Juliet

5. Jared Harter, Tennessee

6. Sean Butler, Summit

152-

1. Trevor Rippy, Beech

2. Kobey Desselle, Summit

3. Bryson Henley, Tennessee

4. Landon Fowler, Blackman

5. Austin Mathews, Bradley Central

6. Arthur James, Science Hill

160-

1. Matthew Sells, Blackman

2. Joseph Garrett, Beech

3. Dylan Quinn, Mt. Juliet

4. Mikel Gregory, Walker Valley

5. Kemale Strong, Hunters Lane

6. Caleb Adkins, Bradley Central

170-

1. Kyle Smith, Beech

2. Damon Smith, Wilson Central

3. Colton Mcmahan, Halls

4. Dawson Satterfield, William Blount

5. Sawyer Knott, Summit

6. Max Grayson, Bearden

182-

1. Aaron Moore, Arlington

2. Robert Hicks, Cleveland

3. Hunter Fortner, Gibbs

4. Christian Salter, Siegel

5. Bradley Williams, Clarksville

6. Zack Carney, Summit

195-

1. Nathan Walling, Mt. Juliet

2. Jeremy Spangler, Tennessee

3. Dawson Johnson, Bartlett

4. Elijah Lawson, Gibbs

5. Denzel Medina, Science Hill

6. Dylan Carney, Northwest

220-

1. Ty Boeck, Soddy Daisy

2. Isaiah Demello, Independence

3. Alan Roaten, Arlington

4. Nathan Scott, Tennessee

5. Craig Barbour, Northwest

6. Samuel Garcia, Cleveland

285-

1. Nick Boykin, Riverdale

2. Michael Kramer, Wilson Central

3. Victor Bednarski, Ooltewah

4. Christopher Cash, Bradley Central

5. Thomas Roberts, Anderson County

6. Luke Champion, Tullahoma

Someone has been drinking the Tennessee High Kool Aid...lol. You're predicting they place 7? Edited by ObserverW

Everyone has injuries, Soddy lost Holcomb due to those and he pinned both Arlington wrestlers from last year(baudoin and Mowery and he was the 145 this year that Soddy lost and wilson finally ended up moving down to 145 at regions. Also hopefully you guys can get some more wrestlers out, I would hope with almost 1000 more students you can get enough to fill out a full team, but i am sure Football is more important at the school and that makes it tough to get kids to come out for the real sport.

Aaron Moore should do well at 182, i don't see anyone that's a run away in that weight just not as top heavy as some are so we should see in second round how well he will do when he wrestles Elkins of Bradley so we shall see how he does, and Metcalf does look solid and he beat a solid wrestler like Champion at duals, I looked them up on track, problem is they stay out west quite a bit and I just don't know a ton of wrestlers out that way and so they might have great stats but unless they are wrestling studs often records can be meaningless, but there are a few out there i have heard of and I think Cannon can make a lot of noise this weekend, should be him and Hicks in a semi and that should be a barn burner!

You are pretty spot on about them not being able to fill spots. Kids in the Memphis area want to play football, basketball, or baseball bc everyone of them is going to play professional sports in their own mind. The majority of region 8's and CBHS' studs started wrestling in youth clubs early on like most of the kids across the state. It's just hard getting kids out if they don't have a parent or football coach pushing them to try it.

And FWIW, I have only seen Soddy wrestle two or three times this season, but Boeck sure is fun to watch. I haven't seen very many 220's that can move like that kid. I'd really like to see him wrestle Wathall from CBHS. They both wrestle like 170's.

According to bump11 Beech is going to have 5 in the finals, wouldn't that put them in the team race?

106- Nelson over Horst

113- Hicks over Palmer

120-Martin over Dooley

126-Plumlee over Wheaton

132- Landers over McElhaney

138-Wilkins over Pendley

145-Fuller over Butler

152-Rippy over Matthews

160-Sells over Adkins

170- McMahan over Satterfield

182-Fortner over Hicks

195-Walling over Spangler