6AAA 2017

PIONEERS12

Cookeville won over White County 6-3. 

I heard White County outplayed Cookeville in very position but catcher, but could not get the bats going from the top of the order. 

I'm just saying - Dodgen is the only reason White County looks like a team this year.  They play with so much more heart.  Not a lot of great talent, but Dodgen knows how to get the most out of all the players.

Cookeville scored a couple early and kind of cruised. White scored 2 in their last at bat with help from the Cookeville defense. Cookeville pitcher didn't look as sharp but still managed 13 SO's according to the paper. I think Dodgen is good for White County, the defense made most of the plays although Cookeville's bats didn't light it up. I wouldn't say White outplayed Cookeville, but they did play with them, both teams made a few mistakes and neither team hit the ball very well.

Edited by SoftballT

I have to agree, SoftballT - I saw the game and White County didn't outplay Cookeville.  White County has a couple of good players, but I understand why Cookeville got 13 strike outs.  White County had opportunities galore to score and the top of the order let them down three innings in a row.  They had runners on the bases, due to errors and a couple of hits and the top of the order comes up and they tried to swing for the fence, time after time.  They wanted to be hero's.

I have to say, the White County defense played as well as I have seen them play in a while, there were errors but not the normal 10 errors they seem to be averaging.  White County has a very good pitcher, whom I watched from behind the plate the whole game.  Every ball she threw has unreal movement on it.  Cookeville's lefty did a good job, good enough to be White County.  Neither team hit the ball, but Cookeville did a better job making the plays. 

Cookeville catcher is a good one, good hustle, good arm, good job of getting her team together.  White County catcher is a lazy lazy lazy one who anyone could run on.  She walked to pick up a ball while runners were running the bases.  One time the White County shortstop went almost to second to pick up a ball and threw it to home to get the out and the White County catcher was still in her crouch position until the last second to catch the ball.  Of course, Cookeville scored.  White County does have Dodgen, who is good for them - he is a good man.  He is a good coach and will get everything out of his team.  He just doesn't have much and has no help. 

Cookeville is just Cookeville - they hustle, they are fundamentally sound, and they are confident. 

Cookeville is not as dominate as in the past, but, the coaching staff will have them ready for any game they play.  

Wow, Cumberland over Cookeville!

Didn't expect that.

Cumberland completely outplayed Cookeville in every facet of the game from what I hear.

Looks like Cumberland is going to be a force now.

Now the Warren and White game and I see what softballtheonlygame is saying about White. White County pitcher is a beast and completely held Warren County down on her own. Warren is a good good good hitting team and was held to maybe five hits, mostly bunts, but the errors from White County was absurd. White hitters are pretty pathetic. Any win they get comes from their pitcher.

Warren County beats Cumberland County today 16-0, wow that's a statement. I think Warren County may be undefeated in the district, they are looking strong. District should shape up a little this coming week with several district match ups. Warren travels to Cookeville on Tuesday and White County on Thursday and an undefeated week would put them in the driving seat. Any thoughts?

Hey wrongway - well, dude, I misspoke in my last notes.  I appreciate you bringing that to my attention - after all we all make mistakes when we write things and do not re-read them. 

The Warren County pitcher is a beast and completely held White County down on her own!!!

Warren County is by far the BEST TEAM in the District and should BLOW OUT everybody in the District. 

Warren County has the whole package, from hitting to defense - just by far the best team. 

Now, White County, (and yes, I was at the game between Warren and White), does not have the players to compete.  They have maybe four athletes on the team - short, center, pitcher and first. Other than that they have nothing.  I think Warren proved, any ball straight to a defender will be an error.  

Warren just beat the pulp out of Cumberland 16-0, so they have proved they are the top team. 

I think, at this point, the District goes like this:

Warren Co

Cookeville

Cumberland

Rhea

White

Stone

Now, some things will change over the next week, but I think it is clear to see, Warren County is by far the best team.

Hey wrongway - well, dude, I misspoke in my last notes.  I appreciate you bringing that to my attention - after all we all make mistakes when we write things and do not re-read them. 

The Warren County pitcher is a beast and completely held White County down on her own!!!

Warren County is by far the BEST TEAM in the District and should BLOW OUT everybody in the District. 

Warren County has the whole package, from hitting to defense - just by far the best team. 

Now, White County, (and yes, I was at the game between Warren and White), does not have the players to compete.  They have maybe four athletes on the team - short, center, pitcher and first. Other than that they have nothing.  I think Warren proved, any ball straight to a defender will be an error.  

Warren just beat the pulp out of Cumberland 16-0, so they have proved they are the top team. 

I think, at this point, the District goes like this:

Warren Co

Cookeville

Cumberland

Rhea

White

Stone

Now, some things will change over the next week, but I think it is clear to see, Warren County is by far the best team.

Warren Co fans get a little excited. Please forgive us. Don't put us all in the same category. White Co's pitcher is one of if not the best pitcher in the district. She struck out 10 against Warren. Her defense has not been great but you can only do so much as the pitcher. She (White Co)  will beat someone they are not suppose to beat. A lot of the teams are equal in the district. I think it will be a toss up come tourney time. No dominant pitchers yet so offense and defense will be the key. 

Wrongway- Don't stir the pot! Its 3 games. All of our kids can't be great every time out!!!

Funny how someone not from warren can say what they want to but u let someone from warren say something and someone always gets bent out of shape bout it. I agree this district is wide open. I am sure all fans from whatever county gets excited. I will say this though if warren only had 5 hits against White they weren't mostly bunts because my kid went 3-4 and I promise she didn't bunt. I don't know bout u guys but I like it that the district is wide open no dominate team winning every game. Hopefully the rain stays away and we get the cookeville/warren game in tomorrow night. Jus for the record I don't think wrongesy was stirring the pot just keeping others honest.