6AAA 2017

PIONEERS12

If Cumberland Co had all their players healthy, with their new coach, they would be a force. The only defense they still have is their 1st baseman. She can play first base, pitch, cover other bases, she's everywhere she could possibly need to be on defense and she can hit too. Their starting pitcher doesn't have a lot of speed but there isn't another pitcher in the district that can move the ball like her. I'm still predicting the tournament comes down to Warren County - who is really tough on defense and has some smart base runners - and Cumberland County IF their original pitcher is ready to go by then.

White County beat Cumberland in extra innings, 15-9, but had them beat in seven if not for a dropped third strike by White Co catcher, probably her 15th third strike drop of the season.

White made a ridiculous amount of errors. I would be pulling my hair out if I was White Co pitcher.

Cumberland has a couple of kids out, and I hope they are back soon, don't like seeing kids hurt.

It was a great night to watch these two teams, even if it wasn't a great played game, they both played hard.

If Cumberland Co had all their players healthy, with their new coach, they would be a force. The only defense they still have is their 1st baseman. She can play first base, pitch, cover other bases, she's everywhere she could possibly need to be on defense and she can hit too. Their starting pitcher doesn't have a lot of speed but there isn't another pitcher in the district that can move the ball like her. I'm still predicting the tournament comes down to Warren County - who is really tough on defense and has some smart base runners - and Cumberland County IF their original pitcher is ready to go by then.

Well, momofoneplayer, you are right about one thing, Cumberlands first base is a good player and is strong at the plate.  But, I dare say, she is not the only defense Cumberland has.  Cumberland is a far better team than they were last year and I think the biggest reason is the coaches.  Not taking away from first base, she is very good, but to say she is everything is a stretch.  If a player is everything to their team, then everybody on the team needs to sit down and let that player play every position with no help and then I think we would all see, that one player is not the whole team.  

As for Cumberlands pitcher, she is a decent little pitcher.  She does have good movement, but slow slow slow.  She is injured a lot and that takes from the whole team.  

Cumberland has been good this season, to beat Cookeville 13-3, they had to do something right and it took the whole team. 

And, as for Cumberland and White game - there was a lot of errors on both sides, quiet a few hits, but a lot of grit from this Michael Dodgen coached team, which is what he is known for.  He has brought so much to his team in the area of good coaching, smart coaching, good base running, good fundamentals, which is something White County has not been known for in the last few years.  

Cumberland has probably the BEST CATCHER in this District or probably any District around.  If only White Co had a catcher half as good as her, I'm sure their pitcher would be happy.  Cumberland catcher is smart, will out hustle anyone, is a beast at the plate, throws the ball on a dime and like I said the best around anywhere.  Whites catcher just sits back on her heels, is lazy, is not a team player and has an attitude about the size of the universe, so, in other words, pathetic. 

Overall, the game last night was not a great game because of the errors, but an exciting game none the less.  

• Upvote 1

Warren County slipped by Rhea County 9-8, I believe!  By one run!  What in the world happened on this one.  Did Warren not play well?  Warren is a much better team than that?

And Cookeville was lucky to survive against White Co, winning in extra innings, 10-8.

White County had the game won in regulation, but a completely ridiculous ERROR on third dropping the ball on a throw from short which would have ended the inning.  Ball in the glove and she drops the third out. Just unreal.  

And then TWO pathetic ERRORS on right field caused two runs to score.  EASY EASY routine plays and White County loses because of the ridiculous ERRORS. 

Cookeville was beat and should have been.  White outplayed, out pitched, out hit and once again ERRORS!  

Certainly doesn't help when pitch caller calls change ups to batters who are already swinging late and then they drill it to left field.  

Warrencounty give at least 4 runs on errors but that's no excuse

Hey ryan665, well that explains what happen to Warren.  They did win, but not in typical Warren County fashion.

I didn't see the game, but Warren County is such a good team, usually do not make errors and usually hits the crap out of the ball, so I was surprised with the score, but this is why we play the game.  

Still believe Warren is the best overall team in the district.  They are hitters and very good coaching. 

RHEA COUNTY BEAT COOKEVILLE!!!!!

AND, STONE BEATS CUMBERLAND!!!!!  

So not a lot of comments on these two UPSETS!!!  But, UPSETS they were!!!  I am pretty glad for Stone, they work hard, have great attitudes

Edited by howdydoall

With the upsets this year it jus goes to show that nobody can take a game for granted. Tournament shod be exciting this year. Everybody will bring ther A game and u can't count out anybody we have seen that in years past.

Absolutely, ryan665, the upsets are what makes it great!!!  I mean, I don't want my team to lose, but the upsets are still pretty cool.

Looks like some games that have real meaning to them for the next couple of weeks.  Here are the standing so far - I took this from CoachT, so hope it is correct:

Warren County            6-0     9-4

Cookeville                   5-2    10-8

Cumberland Co          3-4    10-10

Rhea County               2-2     8-9

White County              2-5     9-6-1

Stone Memorial          1-6     3-10

But some of the games ahead will change this.

Warren County still has Cumberland, Stone and Cookeville left to play.

Cookeville has Stone, Rhea and Warren to play.

Cumberland has Warren and Rhea left to play.

Rhea has White and Cookeville

White has Rhea and Stone

Stone has Cookeville, Warren and White.

But are probably some rain outs not on the schedules, so I am not sure of them.  But looking at this, the rankings will do some changing.

Edited by softballtheonlygame

Well, momofoneplayer, you are right about one thing, Cumberlands first base is a good player and is strong at the plate.  But, I dare say, she is not the only defense Cumberland has.  Cumberland is a far better team than they were last year and I think the biggest reason is the coaches.  Not taking away from first base, she is very good, but to say she is everything is a stretch.  If a player is everything to their team, then everybody on the team needs to sit down and let that player play every position with no help and then I think we would all see, that one player is not the whole team.  

As for Cumberlands pitcher, she is a decent little pitcher.  She does have good movement, but slow slow slow.  She is injured a lot and that takes from the whole team.  

Cumberland has been good this season, to beat Cookeville 13-3, they had to do something right and it took the whole team. 

And, as for Cumberland and White game - there was a lot of errors on both sides, quiet a few hits, but a lot of grit from this Michael Dodgen coached team, which is what he is known for.  He has brought so much to his team in the area of good coaching, smart coaching, good base running, good fundamentals, which is something White County has not been known for in the last few years.  

Cumberland has probably the BEST CATCHER in this District or probably any District around.  If only White Co had a catcher half as good as her, I'm sure their pitcher would be happy.  Cumberland catcher is smart, will out hustle anyone, is a beast at the plate, throws the ball on a dime and like I said the best around anywhere.  Whites catcher just sits back on her heels, is lazy, is not a team player and has an attitude about the size of the universe, so, in other words, pathetic. 

Overall, the game last night was not a great game because of the errors, but an exciting game none the less.

You're right - I agree with the fact that they do have other kids that play defense. That particular night I commented, I was just a spectator and was frustrated for the poor kid because their shortstop and outfielders just had lazy attempts and drops and it was crazy because she was working her butt off. They do have a good catcher, but to say she is the best in the district is a stretch. I've seen them play probably 4 or 5 games and haven't seen her get on base yet, nor have I seen her throw anybody out. Now she can block the ball up and keep it from getting by her but their number one pitcher doesn't throw a lot that miss spots, so that doesn't really come into play unless one of their other pitchers is pitching. Their shortstop is hurting them somewhat because of her lack of effort. I also hugely agree that they have come leaps and bounds from last year and I too think it's largely in part to their coaches.

Warren has a good catcher, but you're definitely right about White County's catcher. Whew! Haven't gotten to see Stone or Rhea County so I cant really comment on them.

All in all, it's been fun to watch the competition and the shake up this year. Still think Cumberland's first baseman is definitely an all district kid!