Triple A State Tournament Predictions

NEBMedia

Only tome will tell but coach reuter admitted that come state tournamenr time he would have to switxh ip defenses cause the trap wont work. But yeah rhyne howard at 5-11 can hang with one of the riberdale girls and e.k brown at 5'10 and mccree at 5"10 can both hang eith riverdale as far as revounds goes. The carter sophomore girl csn shoot good off the bench along with hughes. If hughes goes on fire watch out. But ive not seen a riverdale game so i csn only speak on behalf of bradley.

Bradley coach has yet to win district coach of the year even after taking his team to unbeaten record this year. Hes in his 7th season and has ywt to ein coaxh of rhe year in district. Hes taken 3 different teams to state and they currently own the longest home winning streak in state at 39. Winning percentage at almoat 90%. Most losses he received was 8 in his first season. Hasnt received more than 4 since. Riverdale woyldnt beat them by more than 5 if they beat them. Bradleys defense is way too good snd they have way too much talent

You've been quite busy on this board young man... I like your passion and no one loves the Bears more than I do but I'm not sure our girls have the overall raw talent at every position and size some others may have in the Boro. I will say this group is as fun to watch as any I've seen in years. On the right night they could play at the highest level. I hope they can keep it going. As for our coach, I read the article and it's hard to understand why he does not have the respect of the other coaches? I agree with another post- seems like he deserves at least one.

• Upvote 1

Probably deserved at least one. But the district has been declining the last decade in girls bball some of that is because soccer and volleyball are taking away players and many kids only play one sport. I'm not saying Bradley isn't good this year they are but that trap defense they play isn't going to be very affective against Riverdale. Have you seen the Hayes girl ? She can dribble down court faster than most can run. You can't press them. They have 5 girls that can all handle the ball and they all share it. Their bench would come in second in Bradleys district. They have more fouls to give than Bradley. And I've never been to the state tourney where the whistles weren't working on teams that trap at half court. Ever. They look for the reach. That means Bradley has to either play a matchup zone against them in the half court or man to man. So who's going to stop their guards and shooters and they can all shoot and handle the ball. They play pretty good defense themselves. You score on them and the ball is inbounded and going down the court so you have to get back on defense. I've seen Bradley they have 3 girls that are as fast most of the Riverdale team. None zero has the game speed as Hayes you put two girls on her and another trying to play the passing lane you lose by 20. Bradley has to shoot the lights out from 3 and give up less than 5 offensive boards. And keep their 5 best on the floor the whole game. I just don't see it. They play Riverdale they lose by 15 to 30. Riverdale is the real deal. I hope I'm wrong. Seriously like to eat crow on this. Mostly I just don't think for 4 periods they can play with them.

You have very good basketball knowledge and understand the problems BC would face. Posts at Riverdale are faster and skilled with the ball than most DI guards.  Actually all players on the floor for Riverdale are guards and going to play the next level.  No one is over 5'10" and fast.  HS game is different than college, and height doesnt matter. Why Riverdale is #1 in the Nation.

Look at coacht.com top 10 rankings..riverdale is 7th based on strength of schedule. Out if all te teams in top 10 they have weakest schedule...111th toughest. Cumberland is ranked 2nd and should be as 2 of their 3 losses are to the number 1 ranked bradley squad. Bradley has 24th toughedt schedule and 5 more opponents in top 10 and top 25 than riverdale so until riverdale manhandles 5 top 10 ranked teams you cant say they are better than bradley or cumberland.

Here Riverdale is better than both Bradley and Cumberland county. Well look I just said it. I guess you can say that. Seriously. They are playing in the TSSAA tourney format. Not the Coacht Rankings tourney. They do have a common opponent with Cumberland. Riverdale won by more, it means Zero. Cumberland may not of been at full strength. But I don't see the match ups where Cumberland beats them either. To me Cumberland best shot against them is a very uptempo game and they shoot the lights out and Riverdale overlooks them. I've stated why I think Bradley will come up short already. The game to watch might be the region game between Bradley and Cumberland if both are full strength. I know Bradley has improved and the girl from Clarksville helps them a lot but Riverdale is the defending state Champs. Period ,until they lose they are the best right now in the state. Can they lose. Yep. But lets hear the matchup how Bradley beats Riverdale head to head. You've got me curious. I've seen them both. Only advantage is their size. So how will they get them in a extremely slow game with Howard using her size inside? Or McCree or the other post players?

Edited by anotherback

Look at coacht.com top 10 rankings..riverdale is 7th based on strength of schedule. Out if all te teams in top 10 they have weakest schedule...111th toughest. Cumberland is ranked 2nd and should be as 2 of their 3 losses are to the number 1 ranked bradley squad. Bradley has 24th toughedt schedule and 5 more opponents in top 10 and top 25 than riverdale so until riverdale manhandles 5 top 10 ranked teams you cant say they are better than bradley or cumberland.

Riverdale is better than Bradly and Cumberland combined

What you are not getting is that CoachT does not take in consideration the multiple out of state teams Riverdale plays. CoachT does not even recognize Hamilton Heights out of Chattanooga as a team who is a top 10 team in the US.Those games are not counted. Riverdale does not go out of the state of TN to take on patsy teams. They look to play good teams or teams that have a history of being good teams to get them ready to play the state championship.

Also, you may not be aware, but Tennesee 7-AAA is arguably the toughest district in the United States which equals the WHOLE world. There have been times in the past 2-3 years where Oakland, Riverdale and Blackman have all been ranked at the same time in the top 20 in the country. 7-AAA produced two national championships back to back from two separate teams in Riverdale and Blackman in the past 4 years. Here is a little story this week out of Arizona for you that was published about the quality of basketball in the Boro... Last year....Riverdale finished 3rd in the District....then won the State Championship.  #1 Team in the US. I really don't think you have good knowledge on girls basketball, but appreciate your enthusiasm for Bradley Central who hasn't won a state title in 41 years since 6v6. 

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/02/08/rutherford-girls-basketball-teams-consistently-national-spotlight/97573836/

I respect that everyone has opinions. What's the point in attacking a specific coach suggesting he's not preparing his team for state by only scheduling weak opponents? Sounds more like a personal vendetta to me...if you are a reputable organization and are simply providing your reasoning for your picks, why take the opportunity to single out just one coach. It causes people to doubt your legitimacy and intentions.