Triple A State Tournament Predictions

NEBMedia

I was extremely impressed with Stewart's Creek last nite. Riverdale didn't have tremendous trouble breaking their press, and had a ton of mental errors. I don't think Riverdale hit a three all night, which was strange for them. It was just not their game. Stewart's Creek slowed the ball way down and got Riverdale out of their fast paced game, and frustrated. SC twin guards signed with Austin Pray and are good, but not the Creeks only weapon. SC played a great game, and Riverdale was happy to get out with a win. SC is

dangerous and peaking at the right time. I agree. Stewart's Creek is gonna be tough.

Why are you dodging the question ?

Why are you dodging the question ?

Not trying to be rude but sometimes a question by a bunch of "adults" in a girls high school basketball forum concerning a child is not worthy of answering... It is none of my business, and not my place to answer. Every kid but Annie Hayes started 9th grade at Riverdale. They are all easily found in team pictures.

Not trying to be rude but sometimes a question by a bunch of "adults" in a girls high school basketball forum concerning a child is not worthy of answering... It is none of my business, and not my place to answer. Every kid but Annie Hayes started 9th grade at Riverdale. They are all easily found in team pictures.

Well when it comes to fair competition in high school athletics its an ethics kind of thing don't you think?  You refuse to answer because its not something that benefits Riverdale is my guess.  Now if this young lady entered Riverdale High school after middle school then its not a violation of TSSAA bi-laws.  It might be a violation against Rutherford County rules as to where a child can go to school i.e. zoning rules... You tried to lead everyone to believe that all of these girls are home grown from the Riverdale area just west of I24 when we all know that is nonsense.  You're gleaming the middle schools and the AAU circuits just like Shelbyville did.  Riverdale has assembled a nice team of young ladies that i'm sure work very hard to compete and get better.  Hopefully they are doing it legally otherwise what kind of precedence are you setting for your youth?

Well when it comes to fair competition in high school athletics its an ethics kind of thing don't you think? You refuse to answer because its not something that benefits Riverdale is my guess. Now if this young lady entered Riverdale High school after middle school then its not a violation of TSSAA bi-laws. It might be a violation against Rutherford County rules as to where a child can go to school i.e. zoning rules... You tried to lead everyone to believe that all of these girls are home grown from the Riverdale area just west of I24 when we all know that is nonsense. You're gleaming the middle schools and the AAU circuits just like Shelbyville did. Riverdale has assembled a nice team of young ladies that i'm sure work very hard to compete and get better. Hopefully they are doing it legally otherwise what kind of precedence are you setting for your youth?

Gossip is bad. Every kid on the girls HS basketball team at Riverdale entered right out of 8th grade except Annie Hayes. Outside of her, there are no HS transfers on the team. You keep trying to twist my words. This conversation is going nowhere. I have work to do.

Hayes ended up at Riverdale because she was declared ineligible in Sumner Co after transferring from one high school to another. I see no problem here because the family made a legitimate move into Rutherford County and there are no violations or rules broken. 

The problem I do have is the girl who lives within a stone's throw of Smyrna High School and is allowed to attend Riverdale High School because the Rutherford County athletic director chooses to turn a blind eye. 

From Warrior Fan....

East TN does not have a history of being able to finish for a AAA state championship in years. They have won 6 state titles in AAA in 41 years of all schools combined.  The last title east TN won in AAA was 15 years ago with Sevier Co.  East TN teams normally come in with impressive records, but don't win the big game. District 7-AAA by itself has 7 of the past 10 AAA titles. Middle TN in all has won 30 AAA state titles in the last 41 years, and West TN has 5.

-___________________________________________

Just some FYI, not meant to e part of the current discussion of Riverdale vs Bradley. Oak Ridge, the birth place of five on five girls basketball in Tennessee, has had a solid tradition in basketball since the 1980's with a brief down turn after Coach Jull Prudden retired. The program has won 3 State Championships and 7 State Runner-up finishes. In Class AAA, in my opinion, only Shelbyville rates better. The Lady Wildcats are also well represented in Class AAA Miss Basketball winners.

More FYI, if Oak Ridge wins the District 3-AAA Tournament tonight they will face Knoxville Bearden, a very tough team on a slight down turn but very capable of beating the Wildcats this Friday.

Edited by WillieTheWildcat

Gossip is bad. Every kid on the girls HS basketball team at Riverdale entered right out of 8th grade except Annie Hayes. Outside of her, there are no HS transfers on the team. You keep trying to twist my words. This conversation is going nowhere. I have work to do.

Hayes ended up at Riverdale because she was declared ineligible in Sumner Co after transferring from one high school to another. I see no problem here because the family made a legitimate move into Rutherford County and there are no violations or rules broken. 

The problem I do have is the girl who lives within a stone's throw of Smyrna High School and is allowed to attend Riverdale High School because the Rutherford County athletic director chooses to turn a blind eye. 

So what are your answers to this one?  You keep saying that you've had no "transfers" in (except one very good player i might add) yet they've all came from somewhere other than Riverdale's  zone.  The fact that they came after their 8th grade year doesn't matter, state the facts buddy.  All of them are "transfer's" they just did it before they entered the 9th grade....In reality this whole team is comprised of transfers is it not? You might have a player or two that actually grew up there but none that are of significance.  This is an AAU team assembled to play basketball together nothing more.  I just love the "win at any cost" mentality these days. I get why high school coaches do it but for people like you to get on a website and try to insult everyone's intelligence by saying this team has no transfers all the girls are home grown etc.. that's what gets me going.  Quit lieing about it and tell it like it is. Now what about the player living in Smyrna?  We aren't talking about an individual here its about the rules of the game and the integrity of the game sir.

Edited by UCSportsFan

So what are your answers to this one? You keep saying that you've had no "transfers" in (except one very good player i might add) yet they've all came from somewhere other than Riverdale's zone. The fact that they came after their 8th grade year doesn't matter, state the facts buddy. All of them are "transfer's" they just did it before they entered the 9th grade....In reality this whole team is comprised of transfers is it not? Now what about the player living in Smyrna? We aren't talking about an individual here its about the rules of the game and the integrity of the game sir.

Take your argument elsewhere man. You don't even make sense. Families move all the time in and out of areas and school districts. As long as a kid enters after their 8th grade year, they are not considered a transfer. Maybe you should do more homework on where these kids came from. 90-95â„… if not more of the kids on Riverdales team are from Riverdale feeder schools, and most were there way before the end of 8th grade. 1 kid might have come from middle school private locally. You are going around in circles. This argument has already been debated in other threads. It is old. Move on.

Take your argument elsewhere man. You don't even make sense. Families move all the time in and out of areas and school districts. As long as a kid enters after their 8th grade year, they are not considered a transfer. Maybe you should do more homework on where these kids came from. 90-95â„… if not more of the kids on Riverdales team are from Riverdale feeder schools, and most were there way before the end of 8th grade. You are going around in circles. This argument has already been debated in other threads. It is old. Move on.

You're right and I apologize.