A-AA State Championships .............

rodteague

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at you being modest gobobcatd. I can understand that and appreciate it! The only reason I don't have lynch boys at 195 and 220 is the only two guys that I think can beat them have the advantage of this being their last high school chance at glory! That can also be a double edge sword though. I wish them the best of luck!

Foster seems locked in right now the way he looked at regions and hope he gets lynch in final but I see a Truman Ross in the SEMIS.... another big semis match

106- Holloway

113- Weaver

120- Pendley

126- hux

132- Hutchens

138- Harris

145- Coffman

152- Shuffer

160- Heyward

170- hundley

182- Evans

195- Watkins

220- Ross

285- evans

the one to beat at 195 is Brace.....and dont overlook the 3rd seed that just beat Watkins for the region championship and took lynch all the way to last second at the state duals before losing by 2.....and that was after the judges awarded the young man 2 points in the match on the board, then decided to take the 2 points back.....if the young man can get thru Brace

Booger just sayin 200_s.gif

Why has nobody picked Baiamonte at 195?.  I know Brace, Lynch, diviney are tough.  Watkins could be the dark horse.  I saw the region match with Boyd/Watkins.  Watkins is the better wrestler, just not that day. lol  Tough weight class.

Edited by anw

I only see 2 individuals that don't pose a threat in the 195 weight class and that is not saying they are bad wrestlers. I feel it is a stacked weight but from all the matches I've viewed, I feel it is region 3's to lose. I don't have a dog in the hunt either, i competed at or near that class many moons ago and think I read competitors pretty well. Again I'm not knocking him, all should be honored to be there!

Why has nobody picked Baiamonte at 195?. I know Brace, Lynch, diviney are tough. Watkins could be the dark horse. I saw the region match with Boyd/Watkins. Watkins is the better wrestler, just not that day. lol Tough weight class.

Baiamonte on the top step wouldn't surprise me at all. I was torn with this pick between the two. 120 is another hard one for me to call as York can catch anyone, but at the same time can give up easy points being overly aggressive. Pendley is definitely on the right side of the bracket. My 113 depends entirely on Weavers health. Not sure why everyone is discounting Shuffer at 152, but wouldn't be shocked if Wheeler beats him in the semi's. Either way it will be a 1 point match. Edited by Newestguy

To elaborate on some of the others:

106 - Holloway I think has a coaching advantage and size (especially by 7pm saturday)

126 - Hux is on the hard side of the bracket, but I don't think Speers is nearly versatile enough. I see Hux dominating this weight

132 - If there such thing as a lock in wrestling (there's not) it goes to Hutchins. Unless he goes nutty again and bites someone or throws object across the mat.

138 - Harris has the natural ability but could freeze

145 - Coffman has been (and always seems to be) very consistent. His biggest test will be in the semi's with Sycamore.

160 - Lock

170 - Seems to be thin. Honestly don't know much about the Page kid so this is my least confident pick

182 - Wouldn't be shocked if ER beats Evans in semi's. Darkhorse is Red Bank, but not too confident in his conditioning.

220- I believe Truman dominates here

Hwy - Lock