A-AA State Championships .............

rodteague

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know anything about the kid from Chattanooga Central Alonzo Heyward that won state at 160 pounds? He absolutely cleaned up and his finals match. I would love to see him and Sells from Blackman square off in a dual! Also did anyone else know about the former Sycamore wrestler Jedi Willis that he took home fourth place at the Illinois State Wrestling Championships this week at 160 also?

Edited by DAKEKO

He wrestled at Cheatham. Sycamore was the destination prior to that but the firing of a coach that year discouraged the family and they decided not to participate at Sycamore. He and his brother sure would have been a nice addition to a team that had just completed a good year with a top 4 finish in small school duals. Such is life!

He wrestled at Cheatham. Sycamore was the destination prior to that but the firing of a coach that year discouraged the family and they decided not to participate at Sycamore. He and his brother sure would have been a nice addition to a team that had just completed a good year with a top 4 finish in small school duals. Such is life!

i remember watching Jackson and Jedidiah when they were little. They're family, and mainly their dad, we're always over the top competitive. They even got their own tv show

The Willis kids are a great group of kids and all are multi-talented at a competitive level, I might add. I believe Alonzo heyward would be the victor with any 160 around. I think he had a 33-3 record but that was at 182 this year, if all my information is correct.

The word that I heard was after their father was arrested they moved. I remember tournaments when they were little and the entire willis clan would stand matside and tape and scream while jedi wrestled. I hope they are doing well.

Edited by WrestlingGod