District 4-AAA Tourney

CU06

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District championship should be a great game. Both regular season games were close. Maryville has the experience edge but Bearden's young guys have plenty of experience in big games, too. Game has big region tourney implications as well.......

Ive not got to see murvil much this year. The little I have seen they have shown some real good guard play. How do the teams match up with each other?

Ive not got to see murvil much this year. The little I have seen they have shown some real good guard play. How do the teams match up with each other?

I think it is a great matchup- both teams have very good perimeter players. Bearden is probably quicker on the perimeter and both teams can really shoot it well. I think Bearden will have a hard time matching up with the physicality of Blackmon- their perimeter guys are very quick but probably weigh in the 150-160 pound range at most whereas T.D. Is a 200+ pound athlete who moves very well.

Hard to do 3 times, but I think Maryville wins yet again. They are impressive with the talent different ages and skills coming together. Bearden's sophs are dangerous enough to scare anyone, however ... they are going to be something to watch over the next two years.

Actually, they split the two regular season games, with both teams winning on the road. Edited by Norman Dale

Thanks, Norman Dale.  Got all my games mixed up there.  

And you are right on ... Bearden has at least two outside that are incredibly shifty and both have great handle, but as a young and thin (players, not roster) team they can have problems with the weight/physicality difference when other teams like Maryville bring strength and size to the equation.

Should be two good games tonight at HV.  I'd give the hawks the edge at home in the consolation game but West is playing well right now.  Championship game should be fun.  Maryville is slightly better just based on having more experience, but Bearden is more athletic and in February, every game is a toss up.  

Maryville was in control of game until midway thru 3rd quarter. Up until that point, it was a half court game and Maryville was pretty much having their way and built an 11 point lead.. Bearden then started pressing and Maryville frankly did not handle it well. Plus Bearden caught fire from 3 point land in the third quarter and started attacking the basket with drives.

By the end of the third quarter, Bearden had turned an 11 point deficit into a 6 point lead and were never really threatened in 4th quarter. Bulldogs' sophomore guards are really good plus Pember came off the bench and played great for them as well. Congrats to Bulldogs.

Edited by Norman Dale