Favorites of the new Region 5a

dixieboyfan20

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Varo, Grace Christian will get my pick at #1! They have everyone returning and will be tough to stop! Cornersville also returns everyone and Moore Co got 3 Transfers from Tullahoma that will make them tough! This will be a tough tough region this year.

Ahh! Insider information.  GC's QB was tough last year, I thought he was a senior.  That should move them up for sure.  Cornersville should still be fast then, and Moore might get the help they needed last year.  This will be a fun year for sure.  thanks for the info apsugov7!  Sounds like whichever team is the healthiest at the end of the year will be driving the region. 

MtP only graduated 3 players and full of sophomores and Juniors. ive heard they will pick up a few more athletes and some returning from academic suspensions. Spring practices will give everyone a better feel for their teams but looks to be a young and competitive region. With CA gone, everyone is hungry for that Region title. Go Tigers.

Top 4 should be:

Fayetteville

Cornersville

GC

MTP

Moore returning for FC is by far the favorite for MVP, hands down best athlete in the region. And at this level, if you have one stud like him you will do just fine. Cornersville and GC both will have a ton of speed on the field. MTP is going to sneak up into the top thanks to some experience for the young Tigers.

Haven't had a chance to follow many of the other teams in the region. MP returns almost everyone and are adding several athletes. Don't sleep on Richland. Their new coach went to school there, understands the community, and how to reach the kids there. Could be what they need to make a push for a playoff spot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had a chance to follow many of the other teams in the region. MP returns almost everyone and are adding several athletes. Don't sleep on Richland. Their new coach went to school there, understands the community, and how to reach the kids there. Could be what they need to make a push for a playoff spot.

My son says he's a great guy and everyone is getting stronger in the weightroom and gaining confidence from being around him. (I believe) He has a few other alum on the staff which is going to be good for rebuilding community trust and tradition. I'm not naive enough to think we will win them all, but I do feel good about the new leadership. Only time will tell. Spring practice is almost here, maybe we will get a glimpse of what the future holds?

• CoachT changed the title to Favorites of the new Region 5a