District 14-A Tournament

Two very well played games tonight in the district semis. The title will be up for grabs Friday night as Trenton tries to knock off Greenfield while Union City and Gibson County try to decide who's gonna be third.

Greenfield's freshman dynamic duo of Tess Darby and Chloe Moore almost outscored the entire UC team (54pts) by themselves. Darby (30pts) and Moore (22pts) are definitely living up to the hype.

Trenton knocked off Gibson County in the other big game. GC led 19-18 at the half, but Trenton just out hustled them in the second half. Stacie Mayberry had a big game for Trenton. Friday's district championship will probably go down to the wire. Both regular season match ups were single digit contests.

What are the thoughts and opinions on the upcoming Region 7A tournament ? There are literally 7 teams that can win the title, Gibson County, Dresden, Greenfield, Trenton, Huntingdon, Gleason, and Union City.

I totally agree. I'd say UC is the weakest contender of those teams, but it's so close among them all it's not that far out there. Who knows which 2 are coming out of Region 7A. This Region has produced numerous good teams over the last few decades, but this year..it is so close. I'm cheating on 14A tonight and heading to the 13AA tourney. Shout out to the Lady Hornets and good luck!! I had to plug that one for a family member. I'll give an update later, since no one is really talking about them. 

Some good games tonight at Greenfield. Gibson County came out and took care of business and hats off to Greenfield for winning the championship. Region is going to be a barn burner. For 3 quarters, it appeared that Peabody was going to get them...but then Greenfield took over in the 4th. Those two freshmen are going to be hard to handle the next three years. 

Two very good games that played out exactly the same. The more fundamental teams withstood the challenges of the more athletic teams. Over the course of 4 quarters fundamentals won out. The Greenfield point guard Moore took over the game in the fourth. Without her Trenton would have ran away with the game! Can't wait for Regionals this year. There aren't any guaranteed victories.

Very good atmosphere the last two nights. Last night at Bethel and tonight in Greenfield. Going to be interesting to see how this pans out. Coach Wilkins kinda shook the lineup tonight and it paid off playing two freshman most of the game for GC. Took control of a very good UC team in the 2nd Half and won by 17 I think. Peabody even though they lost is the most difficult out of all the teams I feel to match up with. Chloe Moore took over the game tonight for Greenfield and single handedly won it. But all teams are very good but Peabody is the biggest match up problem for GC I feel. But any time can beat any one in this region no doubt.I will be at Bethel Sat. Night to enjoy some more great basketball. Great basketball in West TN. You got to love it.

Edited by pioneer42