Bradley Central Bearettes--Most wins in Tennessee?

baconbreath

I'm on a mission to find an answer to the question--what girls team in Tennessee public schools has the most wins in history?

Bradley Central has an all-time record of--2165 wins, 485 losses and 9 ties in 2644 total games played. (Into the 1950's tie games were an option to be completed in overtime or ruled a tie at the discretion of both coaches.)

Can any other team account for more that 2165 wins? The BCHS records have been documented game-by-game so I'm looking for accurate documentation. It would have to be a school that's been open 100 years or more.

I don't think there is another school and the TSSAA agrees at this point. Please respond if you can prove it to be a different school. 

Edited by baconbreath

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might want to look into Mount Juliet. Been open and winning well over 100 years.

Interesting. I myself was wondering about Clarkrange. They have what 8 titles but I'm not sure how many of the 90 years they've been a school they've had girls basketball but in Single A you establish a program like that and you can get 25 30 win seasons in a hurry. As far as Bradleys being a state record it might also be a national one or close to it.

Our Braadley Central girls have a rich history. I've enjoyed watching decades of great players and teams. Many great memories from the 6 on 6 days all the way up until today. Probably my favorite was Karen Mills buzzer beater and the picture showing 1 second on the clock in the background. I have much respect for so many other teams as well like Shelbyville, Mt Juliet, White Co, Oak Ridge and the incredible teams of this decade Riverdale and Blackman.

Our Braadley Central girls have a rich history. I've enjoyed watching decades of great players and teams. Many great memories from the 6 on 6 days all the way up until today. Probably my favorite was Karen Mills buzzer beater and the picture showing 1 second on the clock in the background. I have much respect for so many other teams as well like Shelbyville, Mt Juliet, White Co, Oak Ridge and the incredible teams of this decade Riverdale and Blackman.

Thanks for the White County compliment. I have no idea how many wins White County has, but it has to be way up there. Coach Slatten went undefeated a few times back in the 50's-60's when there was no state tourney. Slatten had an amazing record. We have been around 100+ years as well.

I remember Kelly Jolley coming to Smiddy Arena in the mid 80's & beating a very good Bearrette team.

She was amazing!

That would have been the 93-94 season I believe. That was her Junior year. White beat Bradley the year before AT White County in the sub state as well. She graduated in 1995.

Edited by 85warrior