Shake Up in 16A as Grad Aca. and WEB go down.

Galilee

Galilee, Humboldt team is totally different from the 13 or 14 team because on those teams we had Desonta Bradford & that was basically it! This year's team has a solid point guard, three (3) post players as well as a couple shooting guards with a bench! Coach Abnernathy has the team playing good right now & one of the best defensive team Humboldt has had in a long time! You can't just key on one person & the big men are athletic with 6'5 sophomore Jones, who's going to be special!

Great post but I disagree that Desonte was all they had in 13 and 14. They had a great starting 5 those two years and sometimes Desonte wasn't the leading scorer. He was always the difference maker and they would not have been nearly as good without him but they had 4 other players who could play. When Desonte wasn't the leading scorer he was getting 10 assists but hey, those guys he passed to had to be able to put it in the basket! I'm pulling for you guys! Let's don't count Middleton out yet! They have a great coach and are very athletic and have an outstanding player, Parks.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitchell is honestly right on the pace they have been in the last 3 championship seasons. All 3 seasons had either 6 or 7 loses against quality bigger schools to have them tourney ready. Mitchell scheduling Whitehaven and CBHS right in the thick of their District schedule will pay off. 

Edited by TonyG

Mitchell is honestly right on the pace they have been in the last 3 championship seasons. All 3 seasons had either 6 or 7 loses against quality bigger schools to have them tourney ready. Mitchell scheduling Whitehaven and CBHS right in the thick of their District schedule will pay off. 

Those were great moves by Coach Turner. We lost both games but they made us much better. This team is a lot different that our past teams because there is no star player (Martin, Echols, or Ollison). One thing that has not changed is our defense. Tomorrow night the Logwood Twins both 6-7 play their first game as Tigers. That gives us 4 players 6-5 or taller.

Edited by Galilee

Those were great moves by Coach Turner. We lost both games but they made us much better. This team is a lot different that our past teams because there is no star player (Martin, Echols, or Ollison). One thing that has not changed is our defense. Tomorrow night the Logwood Twins both 6-7 play their first game as Tigers. That gives us 4 players 6-5 or taller.

Excuse my language but those boys are long as heck lol. I was sitting in the CBHS kids wondering who they were bc they were dressed in the Mitchell gear. Seeing that they are finally playing this late in the year are they transfers? And were they allowed to practice in the team while not playing?

Yes they left WEB because all they were learning running and shooting 3 pointers. They had to sit out until Friday. They practied all year. Their mom thought missing the regular season was worth it.

I was just asking bc of chemistry and how important it is. But like you said, they don't have a true star such as past teams so fitting in shouldn't be hard. And both are juniors sheesh! Goodluck to them and the mitchell tigers as well on the rest of the season. 

Yes they left WEB because all they were learning running and shooting 3 pointers. They had to sit out until Friday. They practied all year. Their mom thought missing the regular season was worth it.

Typical Memphis! Moving from one school to another. I understand they did it legally and that's admirable but it appears to be a common thing moving from one school to another.

If they end up on opposite sides of the bracket it will be Mitchell and Humboldt for state championship.

Typical Memphis! Moving from one school to another. I understand they did it legally and that's admirable but it appears to be a common thing moving from one school to another.

Honestly if it's done legally, wouldn't you pull your twin 6-7 sons out of a school if you feel the coach is only preaching run and gun philosophy and not expanding your kids IQ?

Typical Memphis! Moving from one school to another. I understand they did it legally and that's admirable but it appears to be a common thing moving from one school to another

Any school is the state would not turn down 2 6-7 players who decided to enroll in your school even if it meant missing 75% of the season. This was a legal move and anyone who says they would turn them away is a bold face lie.