4A rankings for 2017

32hammer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sullivan East lost a lot of seniors last year and will not be as good in 2017.

I know they lost to Fulton 1st round playoffs 60-0 with all those seniors  .. so I could see where you think that .. but 4A is so week now with Knox Cath and Central being 5A and Fulton choosing to move to 5A  to be able to get a schedule in the Knox area .. 5A is not what is used to be  .. 2012 - 2015 - Fulton 3 championships and KC 1 championship and Knox Central played for Gold last year .. so the cream of the crop has left 4A  

I heard William Blount was trying to schedule "winnable" games  and they skipped a whole lot of Blount and Knox county teams to go out Anderson County and Cumberland County to play a couple of teams 2 classifications below them.

Infer from that whatever you would like

I take it that the 6A Blount County school scheduled a loss with one of the 4A teams.

1. Memphis East

2. Greenville

3. Elizabethan

4. Marshall County

5. Liberty

6. Dyresburg

7. Sullivan East

8. Stone Memorial

9. Haywood

10. Lexington

Thoughts?

Looks like after last year that the Memphis area  is awake and very strong .To be the man,you got to beat the man.Some monsters moved on out of the east and one came into 4A,Elizabethton.Giving Alcoa all they wanted was a shock but Jason Witten's school with his brother coaching now,is very strong as they have been in the past.I hope Greeneville can come in a have another special season.The staff is great and the offense should be very strong and fun to watch.I wouldn't count several teams on this list out and as I like to say,you never know who will have a special team that makes a run .Just hope that team has a Greene Devil as their mascot

As much as it pains me, it's Greenville to lose. And I'm sure they'll try to run the score up on everyone along the way.

It's always a hard call for a coach who has a good team going against  teams they should beat with no problems.You leave the starters in to long and get one hurt.You take them out after one or two quarters all year  and ask the subs to run up the middle all night ? Then you have a problem when a great deep team comes calling in the playoff.No,I like playing the starters a little longer towards the end of the year and when your putting the young guys in all year.let them play to win.If your on the other side ,it also sucks but Greeneville has to take care of Greeneville and however they want to do it,I'm fine.I've wished a million times I'd not moved to Kingsport and had my two good athletes wearing the devil helmet, because I've seen how a program can be turned into a cluster up here  when the band and good ole boys are first.