13AA District Tournament

SuperFan14A

I had the pleasure of going to watch the 13AA tourney tonight, pulling for our "South" Gibson County neighbors/family and here is my take on it:

South Gibson gave Crockett County a good game. One main player (Scott) playing injured and the other one (King) playing sick. It was a good game and could've gone either way. Pratt had around 20 for CC and King was probably the best athlete I seen on the court tonight among all 4 teams. Both teams will give the 14AA girls a contest in the Region. Shout out to my SGHS niece...take it all in and learn..your day is coming. 

The Dyersburg-Westview game was interesting. Dyersburg nearly beat Westview and had the lead most of the game. I didn't think this game would be within 15 or 20 before tip off. I believe Westview finally got ahead with around 2 minutes to go or so.Thompson (ACL) on the court for Dyersburg and I think they win this game. There 2nd best scorer probably had 20 plus tonight. Westview struggled. I know their PG just came back recently, but she has some rust compared to last year and that's understandable. Their big post player was dominant and if she got it in on the block, she's a force. She shot FTs good too. Absolutely no outside presence tonight and their main guards looked intimidated. Not the same team I watched earlier this year and they look like they've regressed quite a bit (could have been a bad game). If they're going back to the Boro again, someone over there needs to figure some stuff out. 

If you're looking for some good basketball on Friday night. The mighty Pioneers/UC and Peabody/Greenfield play tomorrow night in Greenfield. UTM on Saturday for Humboldt/UC Part 3. 

Good post but i disagree with parts of it. I was there as well and I thought SGC looked awful defensively. King is indeed and athlete, but she struggles to score unless its a layup. Scott did look hobbled, fans say her back is injured and you can tell her shot wasnt the same. Crockett seem to be very patient and got whatever they wanted. Curious to see both teams next week.

Lexington plays Bolivar tonight and SS plays Chester I'll be there!

Why would u expect Sth. Gibson to have beaten Dyersburg? Surely,the fact SG was playing at home,and the one victory Sth. Gibson had over Dyersburg was the first game after the Lady Trojans had lost one of their leading scorers. Honestly. If Ssnariah had not gotten hurt The Lady Trojans would be District Tournament and Reg.Season champs. Sth Gibson and Crockett county would be after thought's

Edited by slick1

I think Westview and Southside win easily, but I think the other two will be close games. I am going to say Dyersburg over Lexington though and Chester Co over Crockett Co. I think Pipkin will pull Chester Co over the top for the win in that one.

Next Round

Westview vs Dyersburg

Southside vs Chester Co

Finals

Westview vs Southside