• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Welcome to CoachT.com Message Boards

Take part in our online community by signing up! Get in the game today! This message disappears when you sign in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rebel82

District 1-A

42 posts in this topic

It's been pretty quiet on here this season regarding this district. Is anyone interested?

Tonight at Daniel Boone:

North Greene vs Unaka 4:00

Cloudland vs University 7:00

NG vs Unaka could be barn burner. The winner will move on to face South Greene in the semi's Saturday at 4:00.

Cloudland should be the easy pick but does University have a surprise up their sleeve like last year against Hampton? The winner of that game will face Hampton Saturday at 7:00.

Won't know that until after district tournament. If Northview finishes 1st and Cloudland 4th in district, then yes.

Edited by Rebel82

So much for that barn burner. Lol. Unaka wins 55-28. North Greene is finished for the year and Unaka will play South Greene tomorrow night.

So much for that barn burner. Lol. Unaka wins 55-28. North Greene is finished for the year and Unaka will play South Greene tomorrow night.

South Greene is the obvious favorite to represent District 1 again in Murfreesboro. I would like to see another District 1 team also make the Boro. Does anyone think there is a chance of that? 

South Greene is the obvious favorite to represent District 1 again in Murfreesboro. I would like to see another District 1 team also make the Boro. Does anyone think there is a chance of that?

I've been wondering the same thing. Have you had a chance to see Northview? I know they popped into the polls early on and have a good record but not much of a schedule. Assuming they are about the same as their team last year, I think there's a chance in two from district one moving to substate. Region two is usually tough, but may be down a little this year from last. I always expect to see Meigs in the mix somewhere.

I've been wondering the same thing. Have you had a chance to see Northview? I know they popped into the polls early on and have a good record but not much of a schedule. Assuming they are about the same as their team last year, I think there's a chance in two from district one moving to substate. Region two is usually tough, but may be down a little this year from last. I always expect to see Meigs in the mix somewhere.

No, I have not seen Northview. I agree, they also have a good record but not so sure about the competition. Meigs will be tough, especially at their place. I think South Greene is the only District 1 team with a great shot of defeating them at Meigs. However, I would be shocked if South Greene isn't hosting sub-state at home. The other District One teams would have to play lights out, but it isn't like it is impossible.

No, I have not seen Northview. I agree, they also have a good record but not so sure about the competition. Meigs will be tough, especially at their place. I think South Greene is the only District 1 team with a great shot of defeating them at Meigs. However, I would be shocked if South Greene isn't hosting sub-state at home. The other District One teams would have to play lights out, but it isn't like it is impossible.

Nothing shocks me anymore. As an SG fan, I am more confident in their ability substate on, than I am district. Everyone in the district knows our style well enough to prepare and if caught on an off night, the lady Rebels could find themselves with a loss. I'm hoping they are on their game this tournament.

Would love to see how NV matches up with SG. They have a gaudy record for sure. But playing in a super weak single A district with 800+ students will tend to do that. I'm not sold on them yet.