6AAA

redbluebaseball

Well said warriorfan, it is hard to watch a white county game. My question is has he had the best 9 players on field at anytime this yr. The middle infield has to lead the district in errors. If we were still in the old district i doubt we win any games. Thank goodness for the crossville schools. Over the last several yrs i have seen quite a bit of talented players on baberuth and youth field to see them get to high school and see no discipline and no coaching at all. Hss this coach ever had a winning record against teams with winning records. All the work must have gone into fixing up baseball building and not getting teaching these boys the great game of baseball. I could go on but like you said it is definetely time to clean house on coaching staff

Alright so what is the excuse now?  Have you ever thought that maybe they are just better?  Or that maybe this team is not as good as you expect them to be?  And if they "clean house" and fire the coaching staff who do you think would replace them?  Who in the world would want that job?  In a town where basketball is God and Football is the runner up.  So if they clean house what do you expect to happen? Because I can guarantee the next option will not be any better.  With a team full of sophomores you should be thankful you made it to the tournament instead of sitting at the house.

Why would we settle for just making the tournament. It's a weak district and if that is attitude of coaches that is another reason you should be gone. I think these coaches have been given more than enough chances over yrs and I would take my chances with someone new. Just because you fill basketball is God football second doesn't mean you accept mediocrity because of it. And about our sophomores good players, but we should never accept just making the tournament in a weak 6 team district but coach them up and put the best 9 out there which would have probaly been 3 sophomores. But I can se the other sophomores getting playing time. If they really thought you had the best 9 on field just goes to show you you really need a new coaching staff.

Silent1, let me ask you a question.  How many hours of practice have you evaluated these players.  Just because a player has success in little league does not mean he will have success at a higher level.  High school coaches are going to put the 9 players on the field that give them the best opportunity to win games, period.  This is not a Daddy Ball league.  I have been a  high school baseball coach for 20+ years, and have been fortunate enough to win a few ball games along the way.  I have Coached against Coach Floyd and know that he is a quality baseball coach and more importantly a quality man.  You guys are very fortunate to have him  Be careful, what you wish for.  You run Coach Floyd off, there will be very few coaches knocking down the door to coach at White County. 

Why would we settle for just making the tournament. It's a weak district and if that is attitude of coaches that is another reason you should be gone. I think these coaches have been given more than enough chances over yrs and I would take my chances with someone new. Just because you fill basketball is God football second doesn't mean you accept mediocrity because of it. And about our sophomores good players, but we should never accept just making the tournament in a weak 6 team district but coach them up and put the best 9 out there which would have probaly been 3 sophomores. But I can se the other sophomores getting playing time. If they really thought you had the best 9 on field just goes to show you you really need a new coaching staff.

Mediocrity is not acceptable but when you have been at the bottom of the district going back to the 7-AAA days mediocrity may not be such a bad thing.  This program has not been successful in over 15 years.  They have not made a region tournament game since long before the current coaching staff.  It is not the coaching staff, if the program is going to be successful kids need to be playing year round instead of playing AAU basketball in the summer and unfortunately that will not happen in white county.  The current coaching staff has made them at least competitive compared to years ago when it was a battle for last place.  They are making strides to improve the facilities.  I have never seen White County's field in better condition than it is now.  It could always be worse,  be thankful you have a good man in charge of your boys someone that wants to see the program better.  If I am not mistaken the current head coach played in white county.  Who else would want to see the program build than someone like that

You don't have to have a successful team to have support from the community.  Fans still show up to the football games with 0 wins and still have a good gate.  They still donate when it comes to fundraisers also.  And a $2000 coaching supplement is not going to have anyone jumping at the bit to go to White County.

Well that sure is not the reason to stick with what you have right now. We deserve better,actually the players deserve better. Baseball the greatest team sport where anything can happen, but it happens more for the well prepared teams that does all the little things right or continually work on them. Come on baseballguy89 can you tell me this is a well oiled disciplined team that you could put on field and they were prepared for everything that could possibly come up. Do you think the players at anytime believed you had the best 9 out there at anytime on a consistent basis.

No I do not believe it is disciplined at all.  That is and has always been the criticism but I can tell you they are much more disciplined now than previous teams were.  Calling for peoples head is not the answer though.  It was done with Wilson, it was done with Everett both till the point of where they were ran off.  The program is heading  in the right direction, the facilities are nicer then they have ever been and I know that doesn't win games, but nice facilities can influence more kids to come out to play.  As far as the best 9 a coach coaches to win, they see stuff at practice that no one else does, you can't tell me the position changes you see would have made a difference in 2-3 places in district ranking.  Give him a chance with these sophomores to mature a little bit maybe next year or their senior year and then if calling for someones head needs to be done then so be it.