2017 Class A State Tournament

Play 4 Fun

Much drugs, yes? SG will probably win but it won't be by double figures.

doesn't matter anyhow all that matters is there's a little gold ball headed to South green,Lamb and the whole team were on a mission, Meadows should have been given the ball inside all night she's an above average player but Lamb is a great all around player, should have been miss basketball once again

I am not familiar with AA ball on the East side of the state, but it would not surprise me to see SG playing for a third straight gold ball in the Boro in AA ball next year. They are tough! Congrats on a great season!

I would probably expect them to be there because girls basketball is fairly weak on that side of the state especially in AA. SG couldnt compete vs teams like Southside East Nashville Upperman with Levy returning and Pearl Cohn.

Edited by Shozen

I would probably expect them to be there because girls basketball is fairly weak on that side of the state especially in AA. SG couldnt compete vs teams like Southside East Nashville Upperman with Levy returning and Pearl Cohn.

Define compete? You do know that SG beat Gatlinburg Pittman by 5 in the regular season who put out westview in the quarterfinal game by 3. The same margin Southside beat Westview in the region Championship. Is AA going to be tougher? you bet but SG has played in AA before and competed at state and returning everyone besides cutshaw who played sparingly since she had flue like symptoms and had to have IVs after the semi final game.

South Green can compete with everyone in the state this year except for maybe Riverdale. We run the table last year against South Side, Westview, Liberty and Chester County, all AA schools, and we didn't beat South Green. South Green loses Cutshaw and I think that is it. Cutshaw is a player but I doubt they miss a beat next year.

Lamb for South Greene was by far the Best Player on the Floor. Runs God, can Shoot,Dribble & Pass & Plays Defense. Where is She Going to College? I understand that She is a Junior but is she Leaning toward Anyone, Love Her Game & Passion

I havent heard her or anyone around here (Greene County) mention anything, but I heard last night that she had offers to MTSU, ETSU, TN Tech, and someone else but I can't remember.

Edited by Rebel82

Neutral party here, but...

Would they beat Jackson Southside, East Nashville, Upperman and Pearl Cohn back to back to back to back? Probably not.

But to say they couldn't even compete with any of them is asinine. Absolutely laughable.