Macon County vs Knox Catholic Class AA State Tournament

MCFAN3

Macon County is going to give any team all they want in the first round. However I feel since MC doesn't have a complete stud scorer to match Luke Smith then he might be to much to handle as he is a true scorer surrounded by a good team. I will say Knox Catholic will win in the end but I will be pulling for MC!

Edited by Shozen

Macon County is going to give any team all they want in the first round. However I feel since MC doesn't have a complete stud scorer to match Luke Smith then he might be to much to handle as he is a true scorer surrounded by a good team. I will say Knox Catholic will win in the end but I will be pulling for MC!

Catholic is very unselfish, as a team, they have close to 500 assist. People look at Smith's scoring but he averages 7 assist a game. Team averages around 72 ppg and gives up 48 ppg. I really don't know anything about Macon, to make an early prediction wouldn't be possible. To get here they must be a very talented team. Good luck next week to all teams. Edited by QSouth89

Macon has three aspects of thier game. First, the have 3 big kids down low. Not the tallest type kids but thick wide body football build types. They all three roate in and out and rebound well and score when needed. Secondly, they have guards that can shoot the three. About four kids play gaurd and they can all shoot it well from 3 point range. Third is the Carlisle kid. Very good athlete, strong gritty kid that can run and jump and battle with the best of him. If Macon is hot from outside, they are very dangerous. If not, they are very average.

Macon has three aspects of thier game. First, the have 3 big kids down low. Not the tallest type kids but thick wide body football build types. They all three roate in and out and rebound well and score when needed. Secondly, they have guards that can shoot the three. About four kids play gaurd and they can all shoot it well from 3 point range. Third is the Carlisle kid. Very good athlete, strong gritty kid that can run and jump and battle with the best of him. If Macon is hot from outside, they are very dangerous. If not, they are very average.

Most of the kids for catholic play football. A couple of them have already signed football scholarships. Should be a very intriguing match up. Edited by QSouth89

It's going to take Macon's game vs Tyner x2. Especially if Luke is on fire. I wouldn't be surprised if MC won just think Knox Catholic is the overall better team. Wish MC the best of luck!

I actually hope MC wins it all since the ESPN Basketball Analyst Hyperquick called them weak as water.

Edited by Shozen

It's going to take Macon's game vs Tyner x2. Especially if Luke is on fire. I wouldn't be surprised if MC won just think Knox Catholic is the overall better team. Wish MC the best of luck!

I actually hope MC wins it all since the ESPN Basketball Analyst Hyperquick called them weak as water.

Hyperquick called them weak? Macon looks pretty strong to me.  They won 29 games and made it to state that is far from weak.

Edited by QSouth89

Macon has a great inside game and can shoot the three really good when hot. Ashburn and Carlisle are overall the best players. If they're hot, including Welch, I think Macon will win by 8.

Catholic has played a few teams with a good inside game this season. Sevier County, McCallie and Knoxville Christian (for people that may not know, Knoxville Christian has two post players that are 6'10 and 6'8.  Both being recruited by NCAA division 1 schools) Should be an interesting game between two really good teams.  I hope Jancek, Scott, and Anderson can rise to the challenge defensively of guarding their post players.

Edited by QSouth89

QSouth is correct. We've played several teams with strong post games. Also I can't imagine many teams being better outside shooters than Alcoa and CAK (which set several records for 3s in the Arby's Classic). All three Irish post players have been football players at some point and you can throw in Chase Kuerschen who is a physical specimen that was runner up for Mr. Football. The Irish have played a tough schedule and defeated Bearden twice who is in the AAA state tourney and Grace twice who is in the A state tourney. Only loss of the season was to private school runner up McCallie at their place playing without Jancek most of the game. Several of our players are 4 year starters so they have been battle tested.

Hyperquick called them weak? Macon looks pretty strong to me. They won 29 games and made it to state that is far from weak.

Yeah when MC beat Upperman in the season he called them weak as water and MC went on to beat them 2 more times plus making it to the boro. I tend to like to bring it up when he makes stupid comments.

He mostly said it to take away the fact that Clay Co beat MC twice because he tends to show his disdain towards Tyreke Key and company for some reason.