Macon County vs Knox Catholic Class AA State Tournament

MCFAN3

Macon is on a huge hot streak coming into this game. They will have all the momentum at the beginning, but if Luke Smith is as good as they say, it'll be a shootout for all four quarters. It'll come down to the wire, but I'm pulling for MC.

Great to be playing well come Tourny Time. Catholics Biggest Strength is their TEAM, they are Unselfish, Smith is a Good Player & likes to play in transition, goes Primarily to his Left especially when trying to score, when shooting Smith is mostly a set shooter that would rather penetrate,heavily favors Left.

Macon is a Small team that Plays Hard & relies on the 3 ball, which usually causes High School Players Problems when they shoot in arenas with no backdrop. MC will play Hard & try to be physical but they havent played a team, emphasis on TEAM like Catholic. If I was betting I would pick Catholic based on Size, Speed,Guard Play,Coaching, Spread would be 12.5

Great to be playing well come Tourny Time. Catholics Biggest Strength is their TEAM, they are Unselfish, Smith is a Good Player & likes to play in transition, goes Primarily to his Left especially when trying to score, when shooting Smith is mostly a set shooter that would rather penetrate,heavily favors Left.

Macon is a Small team that Plays Hard & relies on the 3 ball, which usually causes High School Players Problems when they shoot in arenas with no backdrop. MC will play Hard & try to be physical but they havent played a team, emphasis on TEAM like Catholic. If I was betting I would pick Catholic based on Size, Speed,Guard Play,Coaching, Spread would be 12.5

"Weak as water." 

Edited by MaconVol

Pretty good synopsis of the Irish. 4 different players have led them in scoring this year. What not many people mention is how solid their defense is. Since the tournaments have started, we have held I think every team to less than 20 points in the first half. We will definitely put pressure on the 3 point shooters. We don't give up many open looks from 3.

Macon is on a huge hot streak coming into this game. They will have all the momentum at the beginning, but if Luke Smith is as good as they say, it'll be a shootout for all four quarters. It'll come down to the wire, but I'm pulling for MC.

Catholic has won 26 games in a row, against a top 10 schedule (according to CoachT), it seems to me that they've built up a little momentum of their own.

Edited by QSouth89

I don't think the arena will be an issue.  Macon has played at Tennessee Tech, and this year the Irish have played at Thompson Boiling and at Phillips Arena in Atlanta.  The biggest concern will be adjusting to refs from different areas and how they let both teams play.  Macon and Catholic are very physical also how quickly the teams settle down and execute will factor into this.  As far as Catholic, very unselfish bunch, they could care less who does the scoring. Their defense gets overlooked but it is what it is.  Good luck and safe travels to all. Should be a great game between two well coached teams.

Edited by QSouth89

Hyperquick...you have been banging on MC all season. 

Either they busted your son's #### or you are a player who got his #### kicked by them.

Either way your grudge shows..."weak as water" comment might be the stupidest thing I have read all year. You might want to give them a little love since they represent this area and apparently you are not (or your kid is not). 

I think it will be a great game and don't be shocked if MC pulls off the upset...after all they have been making you look foolish all year. I hope they do it some more just to bust your balls.

Hyperquick...you have been banging on MC all season. 

Either they busted your son's #### or you are a player who got his #### kicked by them.

Either way your grudge shows..."weak as water" comment might be the stupidest thing I have read all year. You might want to give them a little love since they represent this area and apparently you are not (or your kid is not). 

I think it will be a great game and don't be shocked if MC pulls off the upset...after all they have been making you look foolish all year. I hope they do it some more just to bust your balls.

Not at All. IMO that Region is not very competitive, now if it is please enlighten me on all of the State Champs that have came from that District & Region in Boys Basketball in that Class. I don't have a son that plays High School Basketball nor do I have any relatives that play Macon Xounty, although I have seen them play, I wish them nothing but the best. Do I think they will beat Catholic? NO, can they beat Catholic? YES. I didn't think they would beat Upperman & they did,So Congratulations on making the State Tourny, It's a Great Accomplishment for any Team. Do I think some teams have a easier path? YES, Easy NO, Easier YES. Just because I don't Jump for Joy for Your Team doesn't mean that I dislike them. Best of Luck & Some Free Advice. R-E-L-A-X