PLEASE HELP OUR CHILDREN

Forolglory

If they're fighting for our freedoms as y'all say then wouldn't one of those freedoms be for someone like nebutyn to sit on his butt during the national anthem, or is that freedom excluded? Guys, you can't pick and choose what freedoms we should be able to enjoy and not enjoy, that isn't really freedom now is it? Either preach about freedom and support all it entails, or just shut up entirely about freedom, because in most people's cases it's all about picking and choosing what freedoms we can enjoy, but if the said freedom offends said person they don't want people to be able to enjoy it (like sitting for the anthem, burning the flag etc). On another note it's very questionable in most all of the wars we fight if we're even actually defending our freedoms anyway. Going three thousand miles away from the US and bombing the shi# out of countries back to the stone age isn't what I'd really call "defending freedom", but that's just me. Technically, if we were defending our freedoms we would be defending our homeland from a foreign army, which is never the case when we go to wars. Mostly, they are about collective ego's, money, and extending the American Empire around the world, and resources in the Middle East. We play the bully a lot (most always) of the time. And this is coming from an Iraqi Freedom veteran just so you know.

He and anyone like him HAS the right and freedom to sit.

Does that make it right?

I know many that fought their butts off over seas and don't have the opinions of this country you do...I am not saying you're off base, not knowing what you have seen and been involved in.

One other point, just because someone sees it as "their right" doesn't mean it is a right or freedom...

More and more I agree that we should be "America First" and take care of our homeland...it's sure evident that other countries don't give a hoot when we flex our muscle to help THEM but we're expected, by the whole world, to be first on scene when things go bad.

I side with another poster that stated until we work our moral issues out, things will never get better.

So, if a person goes and feeds the homeless, is a loving person to pretty much every person they come into contact with, promotes peace, sends money to homeless shelters, forgives even their most vehement enemies, sends money to refugees throughout the world, they are a piece of sh&^ in your eyes if they choose to not stand for the national anthem? Something the very soldiers fought for them to be able to do? Look, I am proud to be from America and I think we are all blessed to be able to live here, but not everyone sees things the same way you or anybody else for that matter does. I consider myself a follower of Christ, and if anything he subverted the nationalistic tendencies the ancient Israelites had for Israel in the time that he lived. In my opinion as a follower of this man Jesus it's my opinion that their is a lot of nationalistic fervor in the United States, and frankly it comes very close to if not equating all out idolatry. While I do appreciate a lot of the sacrifices our troops do make (I was one at one time) I think we come to the point of idolizing them and the flag and anthem to a point. Frankly, the United States is no more special then any other country in this world is. Yes, we have prospered for a lot of years, but the Roman Empire did as well and in its history it was mostly based upon Pagan idolatry. I think a lot of people go wrong when they equate God with America, because that gives the attitude to me that we are justified in anything we do when simply we aren't. We have done a lot of good in this world, but also a lot of bad and continue to do both. I know this won't be a popular post by any means and I'm fully aware of the pushback I'm sure I will get, but I have never been accused of following the crowd, but neither did the God/Man I worship.

Roman Empire collapsed due to a lack of any morals, their hate of Christ's Church and God's hand against them.

This country is close to being in the same situation and it is sad.

I do believe that a person or country that walks a path paved by God's word becomes of God and His Son.

I hope we can become a country, a people that God continues to bless and heal our land...Long way to go

He and anyone like him HAS the right and freedom to sit.

Does that make it right?

I know many that fought their butts off over seas and don't have the opinions of this country you do...I am not saying you're off base, not knowing what you have seen and been involved in.

One other point, just because someone sees it as "their right" doesn't mean it is a right or freedom...

More and more I agree that we should be "America First" and take care of our homeland...it's sure evident that other countries don't give a hoot when we flex our muscle to help THEM but we're expected, by the whole world, to be first on scene when things go bad.

I side with another poster that stated until we work our moral issues out, things will never get better.

Well, personally I can understand if an African-American chooses not to stand for the anthem. Francis Scott Key was the writer of it, and was a slave holder, so to me it's perfectly understandable. I'm not going to say whether I think it's wrong if they do, but I could definitely see why they'd do it. The fact of the matter is a lot of minorities don't see and haven't seen things out of the same eyes as most of us white American's do. People have different experiences in their life that come to make their beliefs what they are. Look, to me as long as a person is a law abiding citizen, treats their fellow man with respect and dignity (I know some will claim sitting for the anthem is not showing your fellow man respect but I disagree), loves their neighbor, and is just a good overall person I have absolutely no problem with whatever they choose to do for personal beliefs, and that's how I see this, as a personal belief. I do stand simply because when I'm out I don't want to cause a ruckus (cause it probably would if I did), but I don't put my hand over my heart, nor do I get all emotional. It's simply words, and a piece of cloth when it comes down to it. When I die neither one will mean anything to me, and don't anymore to the men who supposedly died for them, trust me. I may live in this world now, but my ultimate citizenship is not of this world, but in heaven and that's where all my loyalty lays, not in a country whose ideals will be forever gone someday. I try my best to flee all forms of idolatry, and the way we have idolized the flag and anthem and our countries all out support of militarism (to simply spread the American Empire around the world & force our national interests on to countries who don't want them most of the time) is just a bit too much for this Jesus follower. 

Edited by SweetScience

I believe a lot of people have taken advantage of the first amnendnfnt and this country being about freedom . In my eyes and most true Americans . How do you have the freedom to dis respect the flag by sitting or make a mockery of it . If that's the case let's just give the freedom to steal and kill and anything else you want to do . Freedom is just that freedom to a point . Doesn't do whatever' you want dis respect your country fellow American fellow officer . Cuss out an officer see what happens . Freedom of speech just ended there just like freedom to sit should end heck trump make an amendment and stop all this nonsense. Love what science said though . In the big scheme of things only one thing matters who you live for on this world . God created this country respect him know and follow him and live foreve with him in heaven where you have none of this non sense . Science said it so much better than me

• Upvote 1

you are well rounded and not POLITICALLY CORRECT, I appreciate and respect that. You can disagree with someone and respect them at the same time.

He also posts under different names with different personalities so he can attack other schools and individuals yet still protect the SS moniker. 

He also posts under different names with different personalities so he can attack other schools and individuals yet still protect the SS moniker. 

If I was in any way trying to protect the SS moniker I wouldn't have posted what I just did, because it's not a very popular stance, but keep believing that nonsense. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. 

Edited by SweetScience

I believe a lot of people have taken advantage of the first amnendnfnt and this country being about freedom . In my eyes and most true Americans . How do you have the freedom to dis respect the flag by sitting or make a mockery of it . If that's the case let's just give the freedom to steal and kill and anything else you want to do . Freedom is just that freedom to a point . Doesn't do whatever' you want dis respect your country fellow American fellow officer . Cuss out an officer see what happens . Freedom of speech just ended there just like freedom to sit should end heck trump make an amendment and stop all this nonsense. Love what science said though . In the big scheme of things only one thing matters who you live for on this world . God created this country respect him know and follow him and live foreve with him in heaven where you have none of this non sense . Science said it so much better than me

+1

Well, personally I can understand if an African-American chooses not to stand for the anthem. Francis Scott Key was the writer of it, and was a slave holder, so to me it's perfectly understandable. I'm not going to say whether I think it's wrong if they do, but I could definitely see why they'd do it. The fact of the matter is a lot of minorities don't see and haven't seen things out of the same eyes as most of us white American's do. People have different experiences in their life that come to make their beliefs what they are. Look, to me as long as a person is a law abiding citizen, treats their fellow man with respect and dignity (I know some will claim sitting for the anthem is not showing your fellow man respect but I disagree), loves their neighbor, and is just a good overall person I have absolutely no problem with whatever they choose to do for personal beliefs, and that's how I see this, as a personal belief. I do stand simply because when I'm out I don't want to cause a ruckus (cause it probably would if I did), but I don't put my hand over my heart, nor do I get all emotional. It's simply words, and a piece of cloth when it comes down to it. When I die neither one will mean anything to me, and don't anymore to the men who supposedly died for them, trust me. I may live in this world now, but my ultimate citizenship is not of this world, but in heaven and that's where all my loyalty lays, not in a country whose ideals will be forever gone someday. I try my best to flee all forms of idolatry, and the way we have idolized the flag and anthem and our countries all out support of militarism (to simply spread the American Empire around the world & force our national interests on to countries who don't want them most of the time) is just a bit too much for this Jesus follower. 

America nor the flag is an idol to me but it is something to be respected.

As I am told to honor my father and my mother, I am not to set them up as an idol....I feel the same way towards this country.

Your point makes clear the problem many claim to have with "the flag"...It's not a flag nor a country they have a problem with, it is a race.

I know history, not as told and taught today, not as Alex Haley's "Roots" intentionally mislead, not as the libs have altered it to read today, but history....

I know the Obama & Clinton's Democrat party was and IS the party of racism and division....I know many (a long time ago) suffered at the hands of white AND black slave owners....It would blow people's minds to study and realize how many black men owned slaves....How many black men sold slaves....How many different races were slaves throughout the world and so on....Is or was this okay? HECK NO! It is and was disgraceful...

But it's no reason for any man (white, black, red or brown) to reject the laws of love and respect for others as noted in God's word.

God gave us (all men of all colors) freedom...Freedom based on His laws and His rules...Problem is, those deep in politics in this country have no desire to lead a country based on His laws and rules...They sure don't care about their fellow man...Black or white, male or female.

The above facts are out there and can be found...But you can't make a person see nor believe the truth when they've closed their eyes to it.

As for the "American Empire" comment....I say we stay right here and take care of this land....But there's more money is heading overseas....Just ask the Clinton Foundation  :roflol:

Edited by uknoit2

America nor the flag is an idol to me but it is something to be respected.

As I am told to honor my father and my mother, I am not to set them up as an idol....I feel the same way towards this country.

Your point makes clear the problem many claim to have with "the flag"...It's not a flag nor a country they have a problem with, it is a race.

I know history, not as told and taught today, not as Alex Haley's "Roots" intentionally mislead, not as the libs have altered it to read today, but history....

I know the Obama & Clinton's Democrat party was and IS the party of racism and division....I know many (a long time ago) suffered at the hands of white AND black slave owners....It would blow people's minds to study and realize how many black men owned slaves....How many black men sold slaves....How many different races were slaves throughout the world and so on....Is or was this okay? HECK NO! It is and was disgraceful...

But it's no reason for any man (white, black, red or brown) to reject the laws of love and respect for others as noted in God's word.

God gave us (all men of all colors) freedom...Freedom based on His laws and His rules...Problem is, those deep in politics in this country have no desire to lead a country based on His laws and rules...They sure don't care about their fellow man...Black or white, male or female.

The above facts are out there and can be found...But you can't make a person see nor believe the truth when they've closed their eyes to it.

As for the "American Empire" comment....I say we stay right here and take care of this land....But there's more money is heading overseas....Just ask the Clinton Foundation  :roflol:

The Empire building started WAY before the Clinton's were ever thought of. It began primarily towards the end of the 2nd WW. Just look at all the bases we have set up around the world. They are everywhere, and frankly there's no need for it.

Edited by SweetScience

The Empire building started WAY before the Clinton's were ever thought of. It began primarily towards the end of the 2nd WW. Just look at all the bases we have set up around the world. They are everywhere, and frankly there's no need for it.

Oh I agree...History is clear and can't be changed...But few others have cashed in on it the way they have and still are.