Cleveland gets Turf

fooseball95

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats tho lol. Pretty sure it's him playing a big part in it as well. Walker Valley has had turf sitting under their stands for 10 years. It was giving to them and they still can't get approved to get it installed due to cost. Walker should have funds for that. No new buildings or anything has been going on there like Cleveland and Bradley.

The county and board must hate Walker Valley to not even give them the funds for that. Bradley had to go out and let fans test drive cars and what not just to get money raised to build that little rinky dink building behind the football field. Finally someone chipped in and donated the rest lol. (Not Jones)

Cleveland and the city schools can not be that much richer than the county schools. We all know a lot of Cleveland fans says that Jones helps all schools, but most of us knows that's a lie lol. It's good to have someone like that. We used to. Anyways, congrats and I'll be ready to see it. Bradley needs it in a bad way. Plus several more drain holes.

The turf sat under the bleachers for two years at WV. The head "coach" wanted it. The deal was they got it only had to pay for it if it was installed. Nobody wanted to raise funds for it. I don't know why the board would hate WV they have the highest test score in the county and this year will set another record for academic scholarships. Last year was very impressive. They have the only National Merit Scholar in our community also. Yeah they should hate them. What a crazy idea educate the kids at a school. Terrible.

The turf sat under the bleachers for two years at WV. The head "coach" wanted it. The deal was they got it only had to pay for it if it was installed. Nobody wanted to raise funds for it. I don't know why the board would hate WV they have the highest test score in the county and this year will set another record for academic scholarships. Last year was very impressive. They have the only National Merit Scholar in our community also. Yeah they should hate them. What a crazy idea educate the kids at a school. Terrible.

Academics is another thing but just tells you that football isn't too important at WV like it is at most schools

Edited by fooseball95

Academics is another thing but just tells you that football isn't too important at WV like it is at most schools

Absolutely it's not. However football is a privelage. Academics are a requirement. It's why they go to school. That part WV is doing very well in. Especially for the 3rd school in our community. It's as I've said before a band/ academics school. That said. I'm not sure turf is great for high school kids. But if Cleveland can put it down and it's as nice as Rhea county's. I'm all for it.

Absolutely it's not. However football is a privelage. Academics are a requirement. It's why they go to school. That part WV is doing very well in. Especially for the 3rd school in our community. It's as I've said before a band/ academics school. That said. I'm not sure turf is great for high school kids. But if Cleveland can put it down and it's as nice as Rhea county's. I'm all for it.

Why do you say turf isn't great for high school kids? Football isn't my strong suit so I'm not sure what the downside of having it would be.

Why do you say turf isn't great for high school kids? Football isn't my strong suit so I'm not sure what the downside of having it would be.

My only thinking would be injuries. Turf doesn't give if a joint or something gets twisted but grass will give a little. Other than that it's great and faster. As Cummings said most teams in 6a have turf

Edited by fooseball95

My only thinking would be injuries. Turf doesn't give if a joint or something gets twisted but grass will give a little. Other than that it's great and faster. As Cummings said most teams in 6a have turf

That's what I've read also the injury aspect for high schoolers. Their tendons are still maturing as freshman Sophs and possibly even later. Obviously it's fast and doesn't get muddy during rain.

Edited by anotherback

• 2 weeks later...