NCAA Wrestling Tournament Bracket Challenge

takedowntech

Several coaches and myself have decided to put together what most do with the NCAA March Madness for basketball. Instead, we are doing one for wrestling. If you are interested in joining in on the fun and having another reason to stay engaged, message me for scoring details and information on how it works.

[email protected]

423-582-6725

I'll keep it simple:

Champions only

125 Dance

133 Gross

141 Jack

149 Retherford

157 Nolf

165 Martinez

174 Valencia

184 Nickel (upset special)

197 Pfarr (upset special #2)

285 Snyder

May be the first time in NCAA history there are no Iowa or Oky State Champs

I really like Nichol at 84 but seeing as how he struggles with the Ohio state kid, I'm thinking the iowa 184 ( name escapes me and too lazy to google ) is the upset special. He REALLY looked good creaming the kid Nicholes lost to. The only real lock I'd bet my paycheck on is Snyder. Nolf close.

Exactly. Only Snyder and maybe Nolf have been more diominate. Even Retherford has had at least two very close ones. The other 7 weight classes are a crap shot I believe Valencia is undefeated but not sure how much he's been tested. Martinez seems to peak at Nationals but he's had close calls as well. Actually the team race is unpredictable as wellt, but PSU is the team to beat IMO.

Edited by russianbear

Exactly. Only Snyder and maybe Nolf have been more diominate. Even Retherford has had at least two very close ones. The other 7 weight classes are a crap shot I believe Valencia is undefeated but not sure how much he's been tested. Martinez seems to peak at Nationals but he's had close calls as well. Actually the team race is unpredictable as wellt, but PSU is the team to beat IMO.

I think Penn State has the team race in the bag. I love the way Cael has his guys ALWAYS looking to score. His wrestlers are working non stop towards and sometimes taking chances for majors , techs and falls as long as there is a second or two on the clock. Other teams wrestlers are content to get up by 2 or 3 and then stall their ####es off. Really refreshing to see guys going after something other than a standup. For too many years we were treated to Iowa style meatheads spending the entire match ear to ear and get to see maybe 3 total points scored in a match. Penn State is the best thing to happen to collegiate wrestling in a long time. Whatever they pay Cael - he'd be a bargain at twice the price.

I think Penn State has the team race in the bag. I love the way Cael has his guys ALWAYS looking to score. His wrestlers are working non stop towards and sometimes taking chances for majors , techs and falls as long as there is a second or two on the clock. Other teams wrestlers are content to get up by 2 or 3 and then stall their ####es off. Really refreshing to see guys going after something other than a standup. For too many years we were treated to Iowa style meatheads spending the entire match ear to ear and get to see maybe 3 total points scored in a match. Penn State is the best thing to happen to collegiate wrestling in a long time. Whatever they pay Cael - he'd be a bargain at twice the price.

Jeez, someone would love to be on their knees in front of Cael huh.

Jeez, someone would love to be on their knees in front of Cael huh.

Just have a measure of respect and appreciation for a great coach.

Of course some stump broke, squat to pee, Richard Simmons groupie hiding behind his newbee screen name while banging on daddy's keyboard might have a hard time relating.

I'll keep it simple:

Champions only

125 Dance

133 Gross

141 Jack

149 Retherford

157 Nolf

165 Martinez

174 Valencia

285 Snyder

I'll keep it simple:

Champions only

125 Dance

133 Gross

141 Jack

149 Retherford

157 Nolf

165 Martinez

174 Valencia

285 Snyder

4 out of ten with the upset at 184. Not bad. No one could have predicted 165 and 74- Cael had them ready and they delivered. Penn State going to be downright scary with 5 returning national champs.

Best TV coverage ever, by far and matches better than any I can remember.