NCAA Wrestling Tournament Bracket Challenge

takedowntech

4 out of ten with the upset at 184. Not bad. No one could have predicted 165 and 74- Cael had them ready and they delivered. Penn State going to be downright scary with 5 returning national champs.

Best TV coverage ever, by far and matches better than any I can remember.

Unbelievably impressive how PennState performed. Especially considering their 125 didn't even compete or he may have won it as well. The only one they don't have coming back is Guilibon.I completely underestimated Cox. Not sure if anyone predicted 125. Two things I failed to consider. 1) Valencia and Hall have wrestled thousands (according to Hall) of times when training. 2) Clark and Gross were teammates. Clark wasn't to be denied. He wanted it and earned it. You're right about 165, never saw that coming. 141 I just flat out don't like to watch him wrestle (though I obviously respect his ability to win) so that was an emotional pick. Edited by russianbear

Great wrestling tournament.  The talk from inside Scottrade Center seemed to center around the video review rule.  The consensus was that there are too many reviews and more importantly the officials making the call being reviewed should not be reviewing their own call at the NCAA Tournament. 

Another hot topic was that the PSU program may not be as LILY WHITE & PURE as some would want you to believe & athletic administrators at some competing schools are tired of it and will begin to report them to the NCAA,  The coaching staffs at competing schools do not wish to turn in another school for fear someone will retaliate and turn them in.  Who knows how much of this is rumors and how much of it is truly a fire.  What I do know is that when a program is on top people become very jealous and will stop at next to nothing including lying to try and bring them down.

Edited by cbg

Great wrestling tournament.  The talk from inside Scottrade Center seemed to center around the video review rule.  The consensus was that there are too many reviews and more importantly the officials making the call being reviewed should not be reviewing their own call at the NCAA Tournament. 

Another hot topic was that the PSU program may not be as LILY WHITE & PURE as some would want you to believe & athletic administrators at some competing schools are tired of it and will begin to report them to the NCAA,  The coaching staffs at competing schools do not wish to turn in another school for fear someone will retaliate and turn them in.  Who knows how much of this is rumors and how much of it is truly a fire.  What I do know is that when a program is on top people become very jealous and will stop at next to nothing including lying to try and bring them down.

I think your last sentence sums up the origin of this noise ( which I've yet to hear about ). The old saying " it's the one with his head above the crowd who gets shot at most " is applicable. I remember back in the stone age when Gable was outclassing the completion year after year some of the losing coaches floated the idea of not allowing iowa to compete in march for a couple of years so the rest of the pack could claim a title or two. Coach t would no doubt have to censor my response to this type of stupidity so I won't bother typing it.

• Upvote 1