Cooperatives and classifications

Indian

http://portal.tssaa.org/common/directory/coop.cfm

The TSSAA may vote this week on adding cooperative numbers into accepting schools' classification count, in particular sports. Some of the schools have such small numbers it may not make a difference but in some it would. An example is Arts and Sciences with about 450, co-oping in football with Tyner at about 550. The vote this week would be to combine those numbers or give Tyner a 1.8 multiplier. 

My guess, any school that would be moved up will just refuse such students. 

Edited by Indian

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be talking about a cause of action against the school not fielding a team right?  I'm no legal expert, but seems like they could possibly go against the non-participating school and not the accepting school if they drop the co-op arrangement since it's a voluntary agreement, but that is still probably a stretch.   Watch how fast the accepting schools drop co-op agreements IF the new proposed rule change forces them to move up in classification.  The benevolence will stop.

You may be talking about a cause of action against the school not fielding a team right? I'm no legal expert, but seems like they could possibly go against the non-participating school and not the accepting school if they drop the co-op arrangement since it's a voluntary agreement, but that is still probably a stretch. Watch how fast the accepting schools drop co-op agreements IF the new proposed rule change forces them to move up in classification. The benevolence will stop.

That's my thought process as well

It's a motion by McKenzie High out of West Tennessee. The motion was denied. It's a 120 schools in TN that does coop. Everybody numbers are different fluctuate from year to year. For some reason the major talk was about us"PC and MLK. It was reported we had 31 eligible MLK kids that cam play but in fact it's only 14 kids and 7 or play who start and losing 10 to graduation. Some years we have only had 5-8 MLK. The plan is ridiculous

Edited by FBfan26