Any non believers of Tyreke Key now? 54 point state record

UCSportsFan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the Tyreke doubters and haters at all. This entire argument is unnecessary. People have a hard time seeing past the "small town school" to see the talent he really is. He has spent much time and effort honing his natural talent and it has paid off big for him. What a work ethic and focus this young man has! And to top it all off, his character is even better than his skills (and that is saying something indeed)! Good thing he doesn't let the doubters and haters get to him. He just goes out time after time and plays his game. Can't wait to watch him in college and shine like the superstar he really is. The doubters will probably not be watching anymore anyway, but I know I'll personally have the satisfaction of saying I told ya so anyway

Yes sir. First MVP on a losing team since the 80s and has only happen 1 other time.

54 pts

34 pts

40 pts

Broke 5 state records - Most points in a state tournament quarter, half, and game. Most total points ever in the state tournament and broke Tony Delks all time single season record. As usual he done it with class. I wish him nothing but the best.

Congrats young man!

Edited by Shozen

Yes sir. First MVP on a losing team since the 80s and has only happen 1 other time.

54 pts

34 pts

40 pts

Broke 5 state records - Most points in a state tournament quarter, half, and game. Most total points ever in the state tournament and broke Tony Delks all time single season record. As usual he done it with class. I wish him nothing but the best.

Congrats young man!

You've carried the torch for this young man, congrats on that. In the end, his individual stats didn't win a Team State Championship.

You've carried the torch for this young man, congrats on that. In the end, his individual stats didn't win a Team State Championship.

Still beat GCA and took home hardware. Enjoy DIV II next year bud. 😙 You guys could never get by little bitty public schools (Van Buren & Clay) so I'm sure Harriman will let you guys give the gold ball a shine and take a picture with it every now and then.

Edited by Shozen

54 pts

34 pts

40 pts

Congrats young man!

I know this is a boys thread, but Ginger Jared of White County was voted MVP in 1991 losing to Shelbyville in the finals. It is a rare occurrence.

I watched all 3 games yesterday and Key was the best player on the court in my opinion. I look forward to checking him out next year and wish him the best!

He and Arnold were the two best 1A players for sure but hard to compare 1A to Memphis East and South wind.That soph (i think a soph) East has was the best I saw.IMO.Don't think I'm downing the kid I am not but the level of play and is completely different.I think Key will be fine at ISU.

He and Arnold were the two best 1A players for sure but hard to compare 1A to Memphis East and South wind.That soph (i think a soph) East has was the best I saw.IMO.Don't think I'm downing the kid I am not but the level of play and is completely different.I think Key will be fine at ISU.

Agree completely. Lawson which is the kid I think you are talking about is probably the best player in the state due to his overall size and ability. I do think without a doubt Key would have had huge offers if he played at a much bigger school.

As a matter of fact he has actually received other offers that he previously didn't have since his state performance.

Edited by Shozen