TN State Tournament Officiating

BballLover865

Is anyone else here in Murfreesboro sick of seeing such poorly officiated games. Every 2nd or 3rd call is a charge, regardless of legitimacy!! I heard from a former official up here, who has worked the state tourney, that it is directed straight from the head of TSSAA officiating to emphasize the charge call and these guys all wanna keep working thw tournament. He assured me on championship day it will not be emphasized as is direction every year. So basically the TSSAA want officials to actually have an impact on the outcome of the game!! This is beyond pathetic. Let the kids play and sort it out themselves on the floor as its meant to be!!!

Edited by BballLover865

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm not the only one who has been told this. Unbelievable. Will T$$AA ever stop meddling in kids sports??!! What really do they provide with all the money they make as a "non-profit organization"???!! I'm trying to figure out where the money goes. Schools pay for their refs and facility upkeep. They pay for their travel and overnight state tourney stays. Where does this money go???

Edited by BballLover865

Officials didn't cost you the game . Your play did . Bad officiating is part of the game as a famous coach once said . Don't let this game come down to a call. For every so called bad call made against you , you're team probably had just as many mistakes or bad plays . I agree with all the bad officiating on going on . What do you want them to do , go get college officials , i played thirty years ago and have sat on the sidelines for years now . There is one constant - people complaining about refs . .it's our society , we can't take responsibility for failing instead we look for someone else to blame . I tell the kids today the more argue or make faces the less calls you will get ., all my years I have only seen one official blatantly try to railroad a team . Lets just face it their are bad calls and usually even out just sucks when they happen to you at the end of a game but remember you the team allowed it to be put in the officials hands . Last time I checked no one is perfect .

No one is asking for perfection. Consistency and some what sensible calls are expected by men getting PAID to do a job. I have played high school/college/pro & coached every level except pro and this is the worst Ive ever seen. They are now in fact effecting the game, no if ands or but about it. 1 call doesn't cost the game but multiple ones do. There is no defending this crap we have been exposed to this week period. And do not turn with the "if you can do a better job you get whistle" routine either. They CHOOSE to get paid and take the job of being an official. You get paid for a job the expectation is that you do it correctly or you get criticized and/or fired. The fans are paying money (which pays the salary) to watch the games not 3 incompetent men/women go out and impact the game. If you have not been the Boro this week and watched this travesty (that has apparently been spearheaded for special calls this week by the TSSAA) then don't get on here defending it. It's dipping into integrity issues at this point. 30 years ago and today are different times, this is absurd.

Edited by BballLover865

The officiating been terrible for years, but not every game was called bad but no games was called good. The refs have a hard job, they trying to call the game fair and also look good for TSSAA officials. Like the post above said I don't think they cost anyone a game because they was bad on both sides. Sometimes you gotta take that lost because you can't blame everything on the refs that's too easy

Game 1 down and guess what wasn't called?!??!!? A bunch of charges!! It was called by the former official yesterday that ot wouldnt be as bad because thats how its directed. Some of you miss the point of the major problem being the T$$AA has its hand in the game!!!

Edited by BballLover865