Clay Co. vs Harriman Single A State Championship

Shozen

GCA was lazy in the paint...Saw the same thing at Hampton...we just made mistakes that Arnold capitalized on.

You don't quiet have the supporting cast of last season.

IMO, Not a three or even two headed monster...cut the head off and this body dies.

But that's one big head!

I believe that is what makes Clay stronger this year. It is solely Key's team. The supporting cast are fundamental on what they do.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That freakin post you had last season was a MAN!

Not knocking any of the others, just seems u had more threats last year

Yeah but this year people know their roles a little better and Clay are all around fundamentally better especially rebounding. This is this groups 3rd Straight state tournament. I like our chances as Clay very rarely take bad shots especially when Key can get anyone open looks. They just got to knock em down.

Key is averaging 72% from the field for a reason.

Edited by Shozen

Yeah but this year people know their roles a little better and Clay are all around fundamentally better especially rebounding. This is this groups 3rd Straight state tournament. I like our chances as Clay very rarely take bad shots especially when Key can get anyone open looks. They just got to knock em down.

One thing I like about him is that he looks to get others involved. He's a fun player to watch!! Give him the MVP trophy as he's rightfully earned that! Give us the gold ball though!!

I'll take your word on that

I was sitting and talking with quite a few guys from Knox area today during the game. Everyone agreed. It's really hard not to root for Key. It never looks selfish and most who watch him live think he passes too much. My boy Andre Whitehead called it a quiet 54 yesterday because he did not take a bad shot. With that said, I'm rooting for Harrinan. East Tn represents..,

Tyreke Key has been so much fun to watch the last two days. I had heard so much about him and watched highlights but live he is so good. I have to say I was wrong about the other 4 on the court for Clay. They played pretty good defense and shot the ball well against GCA. Key and Ledford went at it all game today. We may not be able to stop him but I sure hope we can slow him down enough to outscore them in the end. I expect a great game tomorrow for the title. We didn't play our best game today, but we found a way to make it to the big one. That in itself says a lot about these kids and their will to find a way to win. I hope we bounce back from this outing the same way we did in the region semis. GO BLUE LETS BRING THAT GOLD BALL EAST!!!!

After you see his flops tomorrow from minimal contact, let me know if you think he's LeBron. Good luck to the Devils.

well that tells me all I need to know! Couldn't breathe on the kid huh? And yet with all that it was a 3 point game with 11 seconds left. Hmm, sounds like Key gonna need to score a ton in this next game to give his team a chance. Go Blue Devils!

This is the best scenario in years for the East to hoist the gold ball...Mitchell is down, there's no UC or BTW teams to go thru and you actually have to stop only one player.

BUT.....

I can't wait to watch this game! Curious to see defensive scheme of Harriman. The old saying is that one player should never be allowed to beat you. Doesn't mean you don't get beat, but you force the other 4 players hand and make it go through them. If they step up and make shots then so be it. I'd work to get the kid in foul trouble. He can't hurt you watching from the sideline! I don't know what D CC will play or the height of the other CC players besides Key, but I have to wonder who they will have guarding Johnson and could he do some damage down low? Harriman can go on spurts and rattle off 12 points before you can blink at times. Edited by ladykee

One thing I like about him is that he looks to get others involved. He's a fun player to watch!! Give him the MVP trophy as he's rightfully earned that! Give us the gold ball though!!

Key gets camera shy only score 28 and Harriman wins!!!I had a premonition!!Or I drunk coffee to late last night.☺

Key gets camera shy only score 28 and Harriman wins!!!I had a premonition!!Or I drunk coffee to late last night.☺

Cameras have been there for 3 days my man. If anything it makes him rise to the occasion. Just don't let him reverse dunk it off a lob the first play of the game. We all know how that gets him going.