Clay Co. vs Harriman Single A State Championship

Shozen

I can't wait to watch this game! Curious to see defensive scheme of Harriman. The old saying is that one player should never be allowed to beat you. Doesn't mean you don't get beat, but you force the other 4 players hand and make it go through them. If they step up and make shots then so be it. I'd work to get the kid in foul trouble. He can't hurt you watching from the sideline! I don't know what D CC will play or the height of the other CC players besides Key, but I have to wonder who they will have guarding Johnson and could he do some damage down low? Harriman can go on spurts and rattle off 12 points before you can blink at times.

We can trade 2's for 2's all night with them if we're running them off the 3 point line effectively. Grace got sucked in too much last night focused on Key and the shooters got hot. They made their open shots but struggled when defended. Clay County ran a man for the most part and their transition D struggled. If they don't get back on defense we are liable to break 100 in the state championship game

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take Clay for the win, about 8 points. Clay has been seen as the underdog all tournament. Naysayers continued to say, you can't beat Loretto. Done. You can't beat GCA. Done. Now, you can't beat Harriman. I watched Harrimans game last night too. They were rattled and barely pulled it off. I'm not downing them at all, just a tough game last night but they made it to the finals. But Clay did too and deserve the props just as much. If the CC guards will play the game they are cabable of, which I expect they will as push comes to shove, it will be a gold ball for CC. History made and deserved by this group of boys and Tyreke most of all

Edited by CCDawg0004

I can't wait to watch this game! Curious to see defensive scheme of Harriman. The old saying is that one player should never be allowed to beat you. Doesn't mean you don't get beat, but you force the other 4 players hand and make it go through them. If they step up and make shots then so be it. I'd work to get the kid in foul trouble. He can't hurt you watching from the sideline! I don't know what D CC will play or the height of the other CC players besides Key, but I have to wonder who they will have guarding Johnson and could he do some damage down low? Harriman can go on spurts and rattle off 12 points before you can blink at times.

I know what I'd do....I'm anxious to see how hhs coach handles this situation

We can trade 2's for 2's all night with them if we're running them off the 3 point line effectively. Grace got sucked in too much last night focused on Key and the shooters got hot. They made their open shots but struggled when defended. Clay County ran a man for the most part and their transition D struggled. If they don't get back on defense we are liable to break 100 in the state championship game

Oh good grief, you guys haven't came close to scoring 80, 90 or let alone 100 in the tourney but you claim to think that could even happen in the championship is laughable. Your 1 2 guard punch struggled to guard CA's guards and they are no where near the player Key is.

You didn't hang 100 on CA and that certainly isn't going to happen vs Clay. Heck you guys haven't even scored a 100 points in a single game this year vs the likes of Meigs, Warburg etc so by saying you have the ability do that vs Clay in the "state championship" game shows how biased you really are and makes me really take nothing you say serious anymore.

Edited by Shozen

Oh good grief, you guys haven't came close to scoring 80, 90 or let alone 100 in the tourney but you claim to think that could even happen in the championship is laughable. Your 1 2 guard punch struggled to guard CA's guards and they are no where near the player Key is.

You didn't hang 100 on CA and that certainly isn't going to happen vs Clay. Heck you guys haven't even scored a 100 points a single game this year vs the likes of Meigs, Warburg etc so by saying you have the ability do that vs Clay in the "state championship" game shows how biased you really are and makes me really take nothing you say serious anymore.

You don't have to take me serious I could really care less. Your opinion doesn't matter to me either. You've been a Harriman hater all tournament and obviously you don't understand basketball more than just checking a scoreboard. Clays transition defense is weak. Harrimans transition offense is strong. You let us run like you let GCA run we will hang right with ya. For the record I said I don't think we will be able to stop Key either but can score with the best of them. It's all good though. Have fun watching from the house

You don't have to take me serious I could really care less. Your opinion doesn't matter to me either. You've been a Harriman hater all tournament and obviously you don't understand basketball more than just checking a scoreboard. Clays transition defense is weak. Harrimans transition offense is strong. You let us run like you let GCA run we will hang right with ya. For the record I said I don't think we will be able to stop Key either but can score with the best of them. It's all good though. Have fun watching from the house

You mean the glass house.

He doesn't know what he's in for tonight when we show we're better from top to bottom. Let Key get his thirty and whatever because we know the rest of the roster isn't near what we have on our side. We play a whole different game than Grace and that weak transition D will have them chasing all night. Points will come tonight! GO BIG BLUE!!!

I still believe defense wins championships and if Harriman goes cold shooting (and continues to take lower percentage shots like they have during the tournament) and Clay gets up 6-7 points early, CC just might change up the tempo by slowing the game down to eat clock. I believe people will be surprised when the final score is low.