Memphis East vs Southwind AAA State Title Game #AllMemphisFinal

BlackHavenSenator

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do know that Memphis East just won it's eighth State Championsip in baketball. That's the most of ANY high school in the state. I'm just repeating what John Varlas said in his article in the Commercial Appeal.

Oops ... I see you already posted thatfact. My bad.

Edited by kwc

Chandler Lawson Tournament MVP

The All AAA tournament team is 3 guys from Southwind, (Carlos, Mark, ?) and 4 guys from East, (Chandler. Malcom, TJ, & Alex). Did they assign anybody else to the All tournament team?

Edited by kwc

True dat. They need to Allow the fight Penny Hardaways to get that shine and extra money. TSSAA will get some rub off of it

Y'all can squash all of the Childress hatin'. He's not going to make a decision like that which goes against the by-laws. Not for Riverdale'S Girls basketball team. Not for Memphis East'S boys basketball team. The only way that is going to happen is when they amend the by-laws. The majority of the state high schooL athletic governing bodies enforce these same types of rules. Don't expect Childress to just allow a team to participate just because their are fans who would like to see it. I don't blame him. I would have made the same decision. I'm not losing my job over a post season tournament. The players and coaches will live.

When the by-laws change, then you go. Regardless of how stupid you think the rule may be.

Edited by kwc

Y'all can squash all of the Childress hatin'. He's not going to make a decision like that which goes against the by-laws. Not for Riverdale'S Girls basketball team. Not for Memphis East'S boys basketball team. The only way that is going to happen is when they amend the by-laws. The majority of the state high schooL athletic governing bodies enforce these same types of rules. Don't expect Childress to just allow a team to participate just because their are fans who would like to see it. I don't blame him. I would have made the same decision. I'm not losing my job over a post season tournament. The players and coaches will live.

When the by-laws change, then you go. Regardless of how stupid you think the rule may be.

They could amend or suspend the by-laws in an emergency meeting this week if they wanted to help. There are ways around everything.

Dicks Sporting Goods Natl Tournament

TSSAA "LET EAST PLAY"

Childress had a lot of gall to stand out there to hand out awards like that after his arrogance!

That wasn't gall. That was duty. He made the right decision. The schools already knew what the decision would be before they made their plea. It's not his call to override a rule/regulation/by-law already in place. That's not how that works. He would have been wrong to override the board and allow them to go. He didn't make the decision, the board acted on the established regulations that are in place.

He handed out trophies without any sense of condemnation or guilt. He and the board are right to deny.