• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Welcome to CoachT.com Message Boards

Take part in our online community by signing up! Get in the game today! This message disappears when you sign in.

maddams

Coaching Changes

47 posts in this topic

Current openings:

FACS (Memphis)

St. Agnes Academy (Memphis)

ECS (Memphis)

Jackson Christian

Goodpasture

Rossville Christian

Lincoln County

Columbia Central

Siegel

Independence

Westmoreland

These are the only ones I've seen so far.  Most of these are programs that have not had much success recently.  The exception is Westmoreland, which has had a solid program for several years.  Are any of these jobs better than they seem?  Has anybody heard of any other openings?  It's always interesting to watch the coaching carousel spin.

Interesting that Abner resigns from Westmoreland around same time Goodpasture opens up. Would. It be surprised to see her land there very soon.

Interesting that Abner resigns from Westmoreland around same time Goodpasture opens up. Would. It be surprised to see her land there very soon.

According to an article I read, she resigned to have more time with her family who lives in Mount Juliet. http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/03/17/westmoreland-girls-basketball-coach-cherie-abner-resigns/99312932/

This being true, I don't see Goodpasture being a good option, time-wise. A Wilson County school would make more sense if she still was looking to coach.

Edited by midtnmale

There are no openings in Wilson County.

Wild is at Central till he moves again. Fryer has been at MJ as a student or coach since 1983. Price is not leaving Watertown while his other son is a sophomore there. Cory still has the stigma and can't leave Lebanon yet.

She didn't give up 20 years at Westmoreland and a gravy daily teaching schedule because she wants to coach somewhere else. It is because she has commuted there from Mt. Juliet everyday for 20 years and her oldest will be a freshman next year and is already 6'5". She wants to watch him play.

Wild is at Central till he moves again. Fryer has been at MJ as a student or coach since 1983. Price is not leaving Watertown while his other son is a sophomore there. Cory still has the stigma and can't leave Lebanon yet.

She didn't give up 20 years at Westmoreland and a gravy daily teaching schedule because she wants to coach somewhere else. It is because she has commuted there from Mt. Juliet everyday for 20 years and her oldest will be a freshman next year and is already 6'5". She wants to watch him play.

You are exactly right about coach Abner.  The commute was enough to overcome the great job.

Hearing that Coach Mindy Odom at Cookeville is hanging it up...not sure on whether it is true or not, but I heard that she had informed the team. 

Do you know of anyone who has shown interest? I would assume Coach Abner would have to be at the top of the list.

I highly doubt anyone will be interested in the Columbia Central job. I have written it before, there are too many problems there right now. The rumor has been a coach in the county will be getting the job, but I cannot see anyone familiar with it wanting it right now.

Updated

Current openings:

FACS (Memphis)

St. Agnes Academy (Memphis)

ECS (Memphis)

Jackson Christian

Goodpasture

Rossville Christian

Lincoln County

Columbia Central

Siegel

Independence

Westmoreland

Berean Christian

Sequatchie County

The Lincoln Co girls job was taken by the boys head coach at Lincoln Co, Chad Tipps. They now have a boys head basketball coaching job open.