GETTING YOUR SON LOOKED AT BY COLLEGES

I agree. However, unless the player is a

stud that everyone knows about the initial contact will have to come from the player side. Plus, the player is not limited as to when he can contact a college coach (not true in reverse).

Booger just sayin  :thumb:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET YOUR SON LOOKED AT BY COLLEGES. HE IS GOING TO BE A SENIOR NEXT IN THE 2017 SEASON AND HE IS SOMETHING LIKE 5 FOOT 11 PLAYS ON THE OFFENSE AND DEFENSE LINE. BENCHES 375 SQUATS OVER 500 POWER CLEANS LIKE 275. I WOULD LOVE SOME POINTER'S. ANYTHING YALL HAVE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECATED.

If a coach ( head or an assistant) at his school does not tell a college, he is probably not a college player,sorry.

A good High School coach does not have to contact college coaches. If he runs a good program and has a history of winning and putting players in college the teams will reach out to him. Trust me these colleges know where to look for under the radar players. They will call up coach so and so and say coach who you got ? i need a corner you got a kid with speed that has good grades that will fit the bill ?  We are going through the same thing right now with a few D2 school contacting my stepson. Every coach that has called him has already spoken to our head coach before reaching out to us. 

Title, B is an outstanding player and plays in a high profile program, he is going to get noticed. However, there are a lot of players out there with college potential (at some level) that play for average programs that never get noticed. It is not the coaches sole responsibility to get the player recruited and signed. The player and parents have to have full involvement. If you are depending solely on the coach, you are limiting your possibilities.

Title, I'm as excited about B's playing future as you are. Believe me.

Im not saying its on the coaches I agree with you completely. i am just saying it helps to be coming from a good program with a well respected coach. It puts the odds in your favor. Most of B noticing is from a regional combine he attended last year. now that he has a great ACT score its really starting to open up for him. It really means a lot to him. When he receives a letter or a call from a school he lights up like a Christmas tree with excitement.  

Im not saying its on the coaches I agree with you completely. i am just saying it helps to be coming from a good program with a well respected coach. It puts the odds in your favor. Most of B noticing is from a regional combine he attended last year. now that he has a great ACT score its really starting to open up for him. It really means a lot to him. When he receives a letter or a call from a school he lights up like a Christmas tree with excitement.

B is in a great situation, I'm excited for him.

You bring up a great point too, with the ACT. Grades are a huge point with coaches. When my oldest first started pursuing the college athletics route I remember the first words from the first college coach he spoke to, "What is your GPA?".

Edited by fallguy17