Next Year's Top Teams in Single A

bobcatfan300

37 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Gleason 47 Greenfield 46. I like my crow med rare....

Not real sure how you figured it would be a “cake walk” to the state tournament to begin with.... if you paid attention to any of the games during the season, you’d see that almost all of the games between the top Single A teams out here were close.

Big win for Coach Stephenson and Gleason tonight! They played hard and hit shots when it mattered most. This win could be what propels Gleason to state. If things pan out like I think they will Monday night, then Gleason put themselves in a great position for the region tournament.

45 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Not real sure how you figured it would be a “cake walk” to the state tournament to begin with.... if you paid attention to any of the games during the season, you’d see that almost all of the games between the top Single A teams out here were close.

Big win for Coach Stephenson and Gleason tonight! They played hard and hit shots when it mattered most. This win could be what propels Gleason to state. If things pan out like I think they will Monday night, then Gleason put themselves in a great position for the region tournament.

Nothing is a cake walk is it GC? I have done learned a long time ago in high school basketball any thing can happen. Get a bad ref crew, miss a few shots next thing you know your knocked out. Greenfield is a good team no doubt, but I will assure you GC or nobody else is going to be scared and not show up.

12 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I am so glad you have it all figured out. GC has beaten Gleason, Dresden, Peabody with Mayberry once, TCA twice, lost to Greenfield by 5, Loretta, Tipton Rose Academy....Gleason beat Summertown. This summer we beat Jackson County by double digits, played South Green tough and played Summertown single digits without one of our beat players. So who is the dominant basketball team's we all can fear if we make it to Murfreesboro? Clarkrange maybe? Pickett County maybe? I am listening. Since there are so many juggernaut single A team's since South Green bumped up. GC is a team that just lost their top post player to a broken hand and had two good players not play at all because of the flu and the whole school had been shut down because one day 170 kids were infected. So I am thankful to the good Lord we had all our players on the floor and the win regardless of how ugly you think basketball is around here.

They should fear Clarkrange, Clay Co, or Pickett Co. Which ever 2 make it. Jackson Co is way down, taking 30 point losses in district play so don't be too confident with a summer win against them. Clay upset C-range setting up a possible semi final elimination of Crange/Pickett. Still can't count out Clay Co. They are playing well & have weapons. 

11 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Gleason 47 Greenfield 46. I like my crow med rare....

What a great game tonight and incredible atmosphere!  I was impressed with Gleason's tenacity.  The Region tourney is going to be fun.  IMO, I thought Greenfield was a lock for the Boro, but they showed some vulnerability tonight.  Have to agree a couple of missed shots, bad calls could send any of the following to state:  GC, Gleason, TCA, Dresden, Greenfield or Peabody (if they figure out how to play without Mayberry)   In biking terms, Gleason just reeled Greenfield back from their breakaway into the pellaton.  Settle in, the next week is going to be FUN!

QqVery good game last night! Gleason never gave up and at the end Greenfield panicked and got away from what's been so successful for them all season. Greenfield has the best player/playmaker in Moore and lots of good shooters. In the final 20 seconds, Greenfield had 2 possessions and Moore never touched the ball while others decided to become playmakers all of a sudden. Give the kid the ball and go spot up like you've done all season and let her go to work, she already had 20 points. With Darby fouled out, it was their best/only option. You win & lose championships with the ball in the hands of your Miss Basketball finalists! 

• Like 1

Fouls cost Greenfield that game! If Tess doesn't  foul out they win. Greenfield is still best team in region. Bad calls I thought.  I think Greenfield coach  is saving something also, hasn't switched  anything up yet, while everyone else is throwing the kitchen sink at them already...My prediction is a Region Championship with Dresden vs. Greenfield. Greenfield losing is bad news for GC (who will win 14-A champ easily), which if I have this right they would prob meet in a region semi game. Greenfield wins that one. Peabody, Without Mayberry (who from what I hear possibly could be back for region) I don't think can get past first round. If Mayberry is healthy I take Peabody to make it. Peabody might show something different though tomorrow night, but big adjustment without Mayberry this late in the year. 

23 minutes ago, Vandychris said:

I'm just sitting here waiting for Loretto v Huntington in Lawrenceburg. Would not be shocked to see an upset 

So Loretto is going to beat Summertown? Collinwood travels to Huntingdon and Perry Co travels to McKenzie. West Carroll and Clarksburg are both terrible so no problem for Loretto and Summertown. Lets say top seeds advance. Who would play who in region tourney?

22 minutes ago, BABABA said:

Fouls cost Greenfield that game! If Tess doesn't  foul out they win. Greenfield is still best team in region. Bad calls I thought.  I think Greenfield coach  is saving something also, hasn't switched  anything up yet, while everyone else is throwing the kitchen sink at them already...My prediction is a Region Championship with Dresden vs. Greenfield. Greenfield losing is bad news for GC (who will win 14-A champ easily), which if I have this right they would prob meet in a region semi game. Greenfield wins that one. Peabody, Without Mayberry (who from what I hear possibly could be back for region) I don't think can get past first round. If Mayberry is healthy I take Peabody to make it. Peabody might show something different though tomorrow night, but big adjustment without Mayberry this late in the year. 

33 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

So Loretto is going to beat Summertown? Collinwood travels to Huntingdon and Perry Co travels to McKenzie. West Carroll and Clarksburg are both terrible so no problem for Loretto and Summertown. Lets say top seeds advance. Who would play who in region tourney?

Loretto/Huntingdon would meet in semi-finals.. if top seeds advance, it would be Summertown/Huntingdon finals.