Next Year's Top Teams in Single A

bobcatfan300

3 hours ago, U812 said:

Kara had a bad attitude on the court especially when she played at Pickett county home court when she pushed two players away at half court while they were shooting free throws. I'd like to see what attitude she brings them at MTSU. 

After years of watching Coach Rogers I was surprised he let her act the way she did. I seen her walk right between those two players and shove them as well. The way I look at no matter who you are or how "good" you are if you display poor sportsmanship you should be on the bench.

On 8/29/2017 at 0:43 PM, Buffalo4life said:

After years of watching Coach Rogers I was surprised he let her act the way she did. I seen her walk right between those two players and shove them as well. The way I look at no matter who you are or how "good" you are if you display poor sportsmanship you should be on the bench.

These things have a way of taking care of themselves.  Karma is a "you know what!"  She won't be the biggest and the best at MTSU and her attitude will be checked.  Count on it!

On 9/3/2017 at 6:42 PM, Imjustsayinandplayin said:

I wouldn't count out some of the other districts.  If Moore County hadn't lost a key player in regions last year, they would have been in state last year.  Rumor has it, she is back and going strong!

Those rumors are correct.  Moore County will be tough!

MC will be loaded up again this year...but they have been for the last couple of years as well. At this point, the only thing left to see is for them to get to the sub state. Honestly, I thought they were good enough two years ago to be at the State tournament and missed a great opportunity, and they were good enough a year ago to be in the substate (even with the injury)...was kinda surprised they didn't get there either year. 

1 hour ago, goladygovs13 said:

Pretty sure MC traveled to Summertown for SubState this past season.

I think you may be correct. That should have said the state tournament...kinda surprised that they didn't make it to the state tournament. Moore County will be a much tougher matchup (especially on the road) than the UC teams have faced lately (with the exception of Van Buren with Bouldin). 

• 1 month later...
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:53 AM, Play 4 Fun said:

Actually, most would argue that this is not the case. Miss Basketball is mostly a newspaper award.... Pritchett I can almost bet would not trade the 2 MVP awards for that because those 2 MVP awards meant that they actually beat CR head to head. Just my two cents on that. 

Secondly, CR got an easy draw at the state tournament two years out of the last three. That's a fact Jack. Had they drawn SG twice, or middleton 3 years ago, they would have been ousted in the first round. That being said, the draw is part of it. Ya gotta be a little lucky to win one  of those things. 

Last, Clarkrange will be better this year than last. They will play a different style. They replaced Meadows with more speed and athletic ability. The Monday twins will make an immediate impact. Pierce, Howard, and Pyle will also contribute, but not as much as the twins. They will try to play a faster pace, which will make it interesting when they play Pickett because those girls have played that way for a long, long time....

Reality, the best two teams in the state may be from the same district this year. Jackson County will also be better and will be dangerous. Gonna be a fun year. 

If Clarkrange can play the faster pace, and play as a team getting the ball to whoever is open they will have a good season. If they play fast pace but everyone is out for their own stats it may be a rough season.

On 9/8/2017 at 0:16 PM, Play 4 Fun said:

I think you may be correct. That should have said the state tournament...kinda surprised that they didn't make it to the state tournament. Moore County will be a much tougher matchup (especially on the road) than the UC teams have faced lately (with the exception of Van Buren with Bouldin). 

Pickett County beat Van Buren  in the Substate when Van Buren did have Bouldin by a score of 95-65...AT VAN BUREN.