Mitchell High boys basketball put on 1-year probation

kwc

Mitchell High boys basketball put on 1-year probation

John Varlas , USA TODAY NETWORK – Tennessee Published 7:43 p.m. CT March 23, 2017 | Updated 11:08 p.m. CT March 23, 2017

Mitchell High's boys basketball team has been placed on one years' probation for a pair of incidents at last week's Class A state basketball tournament.In a letter to school principal Kelvin Meeks, the TSSAA informed the school that it was being punished for having unauthorized people in the bench area and for a fan that came out of the stands to confront an official.

The probation will not affect Mitchell's postseason play next year

he TSSAA said the incidents created an unsportsmanlike atmosphere.The school was fined a total of $750 — $250 for the incident and $500 additional for the probation itself.

Mitchell lost to eventual state champion Harriman in the quarterfinals on March 16, ending a run of three straight titles.
Edited by kwc

Memphis is going to Memphis.....

You know I used to teach and live in Memphis. Been a long time ago but while I was there I worked I a great school with lots of good students, fellow staff members and great parental support. You comments label lots of good people unnecessarily. But I think you already knew that. Low blow indeed.

First it was a fan that came on the court. As for too many people on the bench I am.still trying to fivure that ons out..They only give 7 floor passes and the arena staff enforces that rule well..With that said I did write a corrective action plan and gave it to.the principal to.send to t the TSSAA.