Dyersburg 2017

What is everyone's thoughts on the upcoming season?  

We play:

MLK Prep- Memphis            Brighton            at Obion County R            Millington            at Haywood R            at Jackson North Side            at Bolivar Central            Ripley R            at Chester County            Crockett County R (for region championship?)

We will have to beat Liberty at some point as well.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is everyone's thoughts on the upcoming season?

We play: MLK Prep- Memphis Brighton at Obion County R Millington at Haywood R at Jackson North Side at Bolivar Central Ripley R at Chester County Crockett County R (for region championship?)

We will have to beat Liberty at some point as well.

I think that Haywwod and North Side would be the toughest teams in your schedule. I would pick Haywood as the favorite to win your region with Dyersburg and North Side battling it out for second.

• 1 month later...

I think that Haywwod and North Side would be the toughest teams in your schedule. I would pick Haywood as the favorite to win your region with Dyersburg and North Side battling it out for second.

We're not in the same region as Dyersburg. Our region has Lexington, Liberty, Chester, South Side, and Hardin County. Could very well go 2-8/3-7 in 2017, make the playoffs, travel to Nashville and call it a season. I believe the Indians are one year away.

I like Dyersburg in every game except Haywood and Crockett, Brighton is a toss up.

We're not in the same region as Dyersburg. Our region has Lexington, Liberty, Chester, South Side, and Hardin County. Could very well go 2-8/3-7 in 2017, make the playoffs, travel to Nashville and call it a season. I believe the Indians are one year away.

I like Dyersburg in every game except Haywood and Crockett, Brighton is a toss up.

So the schedule posted at the beginning of this thread is incorrect. I based my comments off the schedule listed above.

No, Hector has it right. There is no "R" right beside North Side. It's a mistake, it happens

You are correct. I guess I just looked at it wrong. Thanks for keeping me straight.

On another note.... your a North Side fan?? I am looking forward to our game with you guys this year. Hearing you guys are really young. Give some insight.

You are correct. I guess I just looked at it wrong. Thanks for keeping me straight.

On another note.... your a North Side fan?? I am looking forward to our game with you guys this year. Hearing you guys are really young. Give some insight.

First of all, thanks for scheduling us, it's good for West Tennessee football. But as I previously stated, we are a year away. Our schedule is significantly stronger. We added Germantown and Briarcrest along with Dyersburg. We also kept Haywood. Our players are young and good, but the most important position is the one position we will probably dread, and that's the QB position. I'll find out more in July in 7 on 7's. We still have like 100 days until 8/18. New coaching staff as well. McCauley is back as OC, we have a new DC as well.

First of all, thanks for scheduling us, it's good for West Tennessee football. But as I previously stated, we are a year away. Our schedule is significantly stronger. We added Germantown and Briarcrest along with Dyersburg. We also kept Haywood. Our players are young and good, but the most important position is the one position we will probably dread, and that's the QB position. I'll find out more in July in 7 on 7's. We still have like 100 days until 8/18. New coaching staff as well. McCauley is back as OC, we have a new DC as well.

You guys will have a good team. I have faith. I think it will be good for both of us and will pay dividends when the playoffs roll around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dyersburg has potential but are young. Very very small senior class .Probably a year away from being a major threat. Depends on how fast they grow up. Even after losing a lot from last years backfield they are loaded at RB. Probably the most depth at RB they have ever had which is saying a lot. 

On 5/19/2017 at 3:56 AM, dhstennis said:

Joke 1-0

Joke 2-0

Joke 3-0

Joke 4-0

Pretty solid match up, game of the week 5-0

Joke 6-0

Shootout 6-1

Joke 7-1

Joke 8-1

Rivalry, Trojans game to lose but you never know in that atmosphere 9-1

Playoffs...fall to Liberty