Dyersburg 2017

On 8/7/2017 at 5:37 AM, Trojan said:

Dyersburg has potential but are young. Very very small senior class .Probably a year away from being a major threat. Depends on how fast they grow up. Even after losing a lot from last years backfield they are loaded at RB. Probably the most depth at RB they have ever had which is saying a lot. 

Watched Dyersburg at the Jamboree last night.  

My observations is that yes, Dyersburg does have a very young group, along with a lot of inexperience.  Skill positions IMO were impressive and is what carriered them in their scrimmage against Covington.  The score could have been 21-7, as they drove to the Covington 1 in first period before the half expired.

They have at least three running backs that could start for most of the teams in our region. 

The problem...........offenseive line is so inexperienced and on the small side.  The line does look quick.  I don't think the size hurts as much as the lack of experience up front. 

One thing for sure, Liberty and Northside in their Jamboree games looked like the  Israelites in the first few days of a long future wandering in the Desert. 

Edited by mg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, trojanfootball said:

I don't see Dyersburg getting past Brighton. As a matter of fact it probably won't even be a good game. 

.....and now what do you think?

Dyersburg won 37-26

And Brighton was blanked in week 1 by Houston. It was 34-0, I believe. 

In my opinion, it takes at least 3 games to know what your team is like. Is Dyersburg really good? Is Brighton really bad at 0-2?

Time will tell.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

21 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

And Brighton was blanked in week 1 by Houston. It was 34-0, I believe. 

In my opinion, it takes at least 3 games to know what your team is like. Is Dyersburg really good? Is Brighton really bad at 0-2?

Time will tell.

Brightons starting QB did not play against Houston,  nor did he play in Jamboree.  

i think Dyersburg was more prepared defensivly for what they saw in jamboree and Houston game.

Brighton's QB can throw and he has a very capable receiver.  

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

In addition, you guys will be fine against North Side. The Indians lack of experience is showing and the kids are getting blind by the lights. No fight.

as much as I agree...and I do...NS always brings it vs liberty, no matter how good or bad they are...they have no business taking the field on Friday nights, but ive seen worse teams than that take down a Liberty squad unfortunately...

I have pegged NS and SS as wins for Tech before season started so we shall see...Trenton let everyone know all too well what rivalries are like this past weekend

2 hours ago, dhstennis said:

as much as I agree...and I do...NS always brings it vs liberty, no matter how good or bad they are...they have no business taking the field on Friday nights, but ive seen worse teams than that take down a Liberty squad unfortunately...

I have pegged NS and SS as wins for Tech before season started so we shall see...Trenton let everyone know all too well what rivalries are like this past weekend

True, very true. And it has to do with a tough schedule. Germantown, Haywood, Milan, D-Burg, and Briarcrest are no jokes. Unfortunately, I did put down Chester County and SS as easy wins for the Indians, even though Chester may not be a guarantee win. Haywood beat us physically, speed, and size. Something about Hookfin teams and how they can get really big in a quick period of time. It's evident our boys aren't ready, and we will probably be winless into October because CC and SS are 2 of our last 3 games. Briarcrest is sandwich in between.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:24 AM, Trojan said:

Dyersburg had 425 yards rushing against Brighton with a very young line that has 2 starters out. Never seen so many running backs. Have 6 that could start for about anybody. I see 7-3 or 8-2. I say next year is the year.

Doesn't look that promising if they can't beat Obion central