• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Welcome to CoachT.com Message Boards

Take part in our online community by signing up! Get in the game today! This message disappears when you sign in.

Southtowner

Donovan Stewart's Class 1A Spring Top 10

37 posts in this topic

Spring Top 10 Class 1A  by Donovan

1. Dresden Lions

2. Coalfield Yellow Jackets

3. South Pittsburg Pirates

4. Huntingdon Mustangs

5. Greenback Cherokees

6. Gordonsville Tigers

7. Fayetteville Tigers

8. Wayne County Wildcats

9. Whitwell Tigers

10. Lake County Falcons

Article has team capsule for top 10 :

http://tnhighschoolfootball.com/donovan-stewarts-class-1a-spring-top-10/

Gordonsville is East, article states West

Right now in the west I only see 3 legit contenders in Dresden, Wayne Co.,and Huntingdon. You could possibly throw Lake Co in that bunch but I still think they're a year away.

I'd have to say that next year is the best shot that the east has had in a while.

I've noticed that alot of the top teams in single A that had to move up are at the top of the poles in AA. It just goes to show the strength that the West has had in A ball the last several years.

I've noticed that alot of the top teams in single A that had to move up are at the top of the poles in AA. It just goes to show the strength that the West has had in A ball the last several years.

Also shows there is not that much difference in 1A and 2A.For many years in the past he 1A team could have easily won 2A with the exception of TREZ!LOL!

Also shows there is not that much difference in 1A and 2A.For many years in the past he 1A team could have easily won 2A with the exception of TREZ!LOL!

IMHO Its really a rural and urban thing.

IMHO Its really a rural and urban thing.

Always pulling for the rural schools but I'm a little biased.

I think that NCS and Dresden (the last two 1A champs) would have had a very good chance of beating Trezevant.

I think that NCS and Dresden (the last two 1A champs) would have had a very good chance of beating Trezevant.

Heck, the year before UC goes undefeated beats eventual 2A champ Peabody on the way. 1A has been been real strong the past few years. With teams moving up or to D-II I you'll see 1A take a slight step back as a whole.

I'm just hoping for more entertaining games. With those dominant teams you get a lot of one sided affairs.