Chattanooga Christian allowed to play down in classification

DCBoysfan

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but the HS enrollments were sent in to the TSSAA first, well before the 450 cutoff was decided by the TSSAA.  Did this answer your question?

It's not even (in the current format) possible to determine the cutoff number without possessing the enrollment numbers first. Schools are placed in a single column from highest to lowest enrollment, then divided into equal classes ( DI ). Not sure if the same format is used for DII, but they are done in the same time frame.

It's not even (in the current format) possible to determine the cutoff number without possessing the enrollment numbers first. Schools are placed in a single column from highest to lowest enrollment, then divided into equal classes ( DI ). Not sure if the same format is used for DII, but they are done in the same time frame.

DII was discussed with a cutoff number then the numbers were submitted. That is why it's created some chuckles in DII.

DII was discussed with a cutoff number then the numbers were submitted. That is why it's created some chuckles in DII.

Why don't you just come out and say what you have been trying to say all post.

"CPA is lying about its numbers."

This passive aggressive "chuckling" is getting tiresome.

What do you think Elmer, shaky numbers or just a huge coincidence?

I think the whole thing is stupid.  Forcing private schools out.  Just look at recent events.  More publics are winning.  Greeneville soccer got National coach of the year (don't know any private school coach that got that).  Greeneville has won back to back titles.  Page is rocking it (close to being #1 in A/AA).  Football, the private "powerhouses" didn't even make it to the finals.  The public schools are coming into their own.

Then you have a split, and the smaller D2 schools are crying about unfair numbers or splits.  JUST PLAY THE BEST WHERE YOU ARE.  Quit whining and work.  Page did it.  Greeneville did it.  White House is doing it.

Who knows if the numbers are legit.  The whole process seems idiotic.  Going by ONE year enrollment to base your next three years?  Take an average of the past 3 years, at least.  

Why don't you just come out and say what you have been trying to say all post.

"CPA is lying about its numbers."

This passive aggressive "chuckling" is getting tiresome.

I don't think they are lying by any means. I think they are artificially maintained by the admissions office. Which, by the way, is perfectly fine but them acting as if they are above reproach on this silly. Just own it.

By the way Elmer I could give two flips if it's "tiresome" for you or anyone else. Maybe you should take up crossword puzzless if you get this easily rustled? Lol

I don't think they are lying by any means. I think they are artificially maintained by the admissions office. Which, by the way, is perfectly fine but them acting as if they are above reproach on this silly. Just own it.

By the way Elmer I could give two flips if it's "tiresome" for you or anyone else. Maybe you should take up crossword puzzless if you get this easily rustled? Lol

Who is acting as if "they are above reproach"?  

I think the whole thing is stupid. Forcing private schools out. Just look at recent events. More publics are winning. Greeneville soccer got National coach of the year (don't know any private school coach that got that). Greeneville has won back to back titles. Page is rocking it (close to being #1 in A/AA). Football, the private "powerhouses" didn't even make it to the finals. The public schools are coming into their own.

Then you have a split, and the smaller D2 schools are crying about unfair numbers or splits. JUST PLAY THE BEST WHERE YOU ARE. Quit whining and work. Page did it. Greeneville did it. White House is doing it.

Who knows if the numbers are legit. The whole process seems idiotic. Going by ONE year enrollment to base your next three years? Take an average of the past 3 years, at least.

D2 crying? Discussing numbers reported by two schools is not crying. In fact my school has beaten both those schools last season and the year before. We even scheduled CPA, a non district foe, for the third straight year this year and look forward to another competitive match. Same thing goes for BGA being on the schedule. Who does your team schedule outside district teams?

I think our little DCA team would do quite well against Page, Whitehouse, and Greenville. Especially White House and Page since I know the kids on those teams.

Edited by Playerscoach

I view it all with skepticism.  The powers that be voted and took care of their own schools and then some others "wink" "wink" knew where they needed to come in and be placed in the class they wanted.  That's why D2 was placed per cut off numbers instead of all the schools placed in order of size and fairly divided into classes.  I'm with you though on the exception decision.  If one can do it, all should be able to do it especially if extraordinary circumstances exist which I don't know if that was the case or not.

Anyone at CPA who questions why others view their enrollment with skepticism.

Most everything we do is met with skepticism.  I do question others skepticism because I personally know the administration here so I have a better view of things from the inside out.  I wouldn't work with someone who I didn't trust or believe in.  

I guess I will take my role as "acting above reproach" with some pride.  ;)

Feel free to question what we do, or get a chuckle out of it.  It is always good to get a laugh out of situations.  

At least there is some spice to the boards on this.  It was getting rather bland recently.  

I'm with you though on the exception decision.  If one can do it, all should be able to do it especially if extraordinary circumstances exist which I don't know if that was the case or not.

I also agree.  I was very surprised at the decision, as well.  This opened the door for a lot of situations, however, I don't know if anyone has gone through that door besides CCS.