Chattanooga Christian allowed to play down in classification

DCBoysfan

Now that the Fall 2017 girl's soccer season is underway and CCS has played both AA opponent Baylor to a 0-1 loss and A opponent Franklin Road Academy to a 7-0 win; does anyone disagree that CCS's appropriate classification should have remained above the 450 student cutoff?  In discussion with FRA parents after Friday night's game, they feel the competition was definitely unbalanced.  Looking at the results of the Baylor game, obviously CCS can compete at the AA level.

Edited by ScenicSoccer

3 hours ago, ScenicSoccer said:

Now that the Fall 2017 girl's soccer season is underway and CCS has played both AA opponent Baylor to a 0-1 loss and A opponent Franklin Road Academy to a 7-0 win; does anyone disagree that CCS's appropriate classification should have remained above the 450 student cutoff?  In discussion with FRA parents after Friday night's game, they feel the competition was definitely unbalanced.  Looking at the results of the Baylor game, obviously CCS can compete at the AA level.

Have no clue but FRA is way down. I mean way down. Great coach and good kids but the talent is not what it has been.

9 hours ago, ScenicSoccer said:

Yes sir, I totally agree with you.  The TSSAA sets the rules and guidelines but they can't uphold them while letting the board of control agree to this nonsense. Yes, CCS can play with Baylor and the other D2 class AA teams.  I so hope that people, AD's, principles, headmasters....bombard the doors of the TSSAA state office and let them hear about it.  This whole deal was swept under the rug, was a behind the door closed meeting and was not published in any of the TSSAA minutes.  CCS is a joke and the AD is a coward.  OK, I feel better now.

Edited by Ram Fan

25 minutes ago, EnsworthSoccer said:

What is CC's enrollment? I am under the impression that we are the smallest of the 14 D2-AA schools with 460 students (about 225 female). I could be wrong.

CCS has an enrollment of 458 students.  At least you guys did the right thing and are playing in the correct classification and not whining about it like CCS and appealing it with the TSSAA.  But...now that you know....maybe Ensworth should do the same thing since CCS has already opened up that can.  Matter a fact I hope every school in D1 and D2 that are on the bubble of a larger / smaller classification hits the TSSAA with this too since the door has already been opened.  

Edited by Ram Fan

15 hours ago, EnsworthSoccer said:

What is CC's enrollment? I am under the impression that we are the smallest of the 14 D2-AA schools with 460 students (about 225 female). I could be wrong.

not quite...parently CCS has u beat.

..The Sword of Joshua Full Independent Pentecostal Assembley just off Charger Drive down on the Frontage Road got 5 less than yall; which is 8 more than the cuttoff.....

from what Booger was told.....let Booger tell U what thinks went down.......cause Booger nose people and stuff...

..the TSSAA BoD was a meetin down in Gulf Shores at one of those donor condos and they come up with that 450 split number for the 2 classes in DII.....late on the evnin of the BoD number makin decisions;  a phone call from that Lipscomb feller or that feller up at Webb sayin u got to turn in less than 450 or your gonna b in DII-AA....

....with it bein happy hour at the Pink Pony Pub and  "Cheese Burger in Paradise" playin very loudly in the background, when the scoop call was made.... the MasterHead of TSJFIPA in Chattanooga thought it sounded like the cutoff number was 460....

458 was turned in, thinkin it was 2 under the cutoff...when in realty, it was 8 over the 450...

......quessin Ensworth is in the wrong circle

Booger just sayin phwebringlogo.JPG

Edited by Booger

CCS is just loaded this year regardless of the cut off.

They have been excellent for the past 3 years (they should have beaten us last year, we were fortunate).

I figured once the public private split happened that we would have to find something to "discuss", and I was right.

oh, u would just have to b here in town G........the rivalry between the 2 in all sports makes for sum of the best afternoons u could imagine.......makes for unbelievable anticipation, excitement and drama

Booger got him lots of respect for Sneller....hes a good one......luv watchin him come over to ND and step off all the line measurements he thinks his ole buddy Shim is runnin short.....what an awesome time of history between them 2

but havin that masterhead over at TSJFIPA call all them meetins after events to tell the Irish they need to b playin more for The Almighty than the Win and not runnin up scores is sumthin special

Booger just sayin :twisted:

Edited by Booger

3 hours ago, Booger said:

oh, u would just have to b here in town G........the rivalry between the 2 in all sports makes for sum of the best afternoons u could imagine.......makes for unbelievable anticipation, excitement and drama

Booger got him lots of respect for Sneller....hes a good one......luv watchin him come over to ND and step off all the line measurements he thinks his ole buddy Shim is runnin short.....what an awesome time of history between them 2

but havin that masterhead over at TSJFIPA call all them meetins after events to tell the Irish they need to b playin more for The Almighty than the Win and not runnin up scores is sumthin special

Booger just sayin :twisted:

Our coaching staff was actually talking about the CCS and ND rivalry.  It is ALWAYS a battle.

I'll be interested in how things pan out there in the east region.  Webb, Grace, CAK added to that mix makes things tricky.

Just remember while we are all passionate about soccer; board decisions, classifications, and high school sports here in TN revolve around the other football and the almighty dollar.  While we wish girls soccer drew 2,000 fans paying $3 to park, $7 for admission, and $30 in concessions for Honey Boo Boo and her momma.  Any reclassification was requested and granted for throwball and not soccer.  On second thought, I'm glad momma and Boo Boo support the other football, but a decent crowd would ne nice.