• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Welcome to CoachT.com Message Boards

Take part in our online community by signing up! Get in the game today! This message disappears when you sign in.

BigOrangeBaller

Moore County

Dang. Lavon quit or dismissed?

Was dismissed as basketball coach, but has tenure and can keep his teaching position, at least that was what I heard. Heard it was a board member that he upset because a younger kid was better than the board members kid and that was who Lavon played trying to win games. 

Thanks for the info. He is a fine man. Sad that you could write the same story for just about every coach dismissed this time of year. Almost always linked to a parent and lack of their kids PT.

Heard it was a board member that he upset because a younger kid was better than the board members kid and that was who Lavon played trying to win games. 

I'd say it was more to do with him averaging 2 to 3 wins a season the past 5 years.

I'd say it was more to do with him averaging 2 to 3 wins a season the past 5 years.

They played for the District championship just three years ago. The talent level has been poor for the past ten years. Given just a little talent, he would have won more. MC lost much more than a good coach. Hope he can find another job and show them what they lost.