Antioch HC

chumley7

I agree. I was in old Hillsboro neighborhood on 12th Ave. where original Beckers Bakery was and  where many kids came from that attended Hillsboro. I passed Sevier Park and saw a very different population. I t was also crowded and much activity. 12th avenue was packed and crowded also with many new businesses . Many homes were being renovated  and a change is happening. it will be interesting  how all this plays out. 

We both know that the 12south area has been in transition for several years now.  The following is what is also happening:

1.  East Nashville & Inglewood are currently booming with development

2.  Sylvan Park around the old Cohn has become very expensive with probably 1/3 of the homes already renovated

3.  From Charlotte Pike over to Centennial Blvd. is under construction with new and renovated homes

4.  Developers are saying that Madison, Old Hickory, Donelson and Bellevue are the next areas for the renovation boom

5.  While it's always been a very nice neighborhood, West Meade  now has people paying 450k+ just to tear a home down and build mini mansion on the 1+ acre lots

6.  North Nashville neighborhoods are slowly starting to the construction of new homes

Nashville is now one big residential construction project

Edited by cbg

We both know that the 12south area has been in transition for several years now.  The following is what is also happening:

1.  East Nashville & Inglewood are currently booming with development

2.  Sylvan Park around the old Cohn has become very expensive with probably 1/3 of the homes already renovated

3.  From Charlotte Pike over to Centennial Blvd. is under construction with new and renovated homes

4.  Developers are saying that Madison, Old Hickory, Donelson and Bellevue are the next areas for the renovation boom

5.  While it's always been a very nice neighborhood, West Meade  now has people paying 450k+ just to tear a home down and build mini mansion on the 1+ acre lots

6.  North Nashville neighborhoods are slowly starting to the construction of new homes

Nashville is now one big residential construction project

Image and word of mouth is your best promotion....MNPS does not have either of those right now and will not grow as the city grows. Families with middle school age or high school age kids will move to the outer counties or go to private schools as soon as they ask opinions of the MNPS. Sounds like the new boss is a joke also! Truth hurts but Nashville is a great city, but their school system is a dump!

Image and word of mouth is your best promotion....MNPS does not have either of those right now and will not grow as the city grows. Families with middle school age or high school age kids will move to the outer counties or go to private schools as soon as they ask opinions of the MNPS. Sounds like the new boss is a joke also! Truth hurts but Nashville is a great city, but their school system is a dump!

Hogan knows

Mike Head. Coached at Stewart County under Myles Holiday. Coached at Sycamore under Tyler Williams. Also coached out of state in KY. He has also most recently served as an assistant at Stone Memorial. Wish him the best!

I do too. Baby steps with that program. He has to be allowed more time than the last 2 regimes. I want to see this old program compete again. Good luck Coach Head

I do too. Baby steps with that program. He has to be allowed more time than the last 2 regimes. I want to see this old program compete again. Good luck Coach Head

Guess you are a former bear like I am. How many years will it take? What baby steps does he need to take? I do know a good coaching staff is huge.