WrestlingGod

Team Beast:

77 Isaiah Wysong/Hunter Sturgill

84 Keyveon Roller (MS State Champ)/Marcus Smith

88 Brayden Ivy (NHSCA MS AA)

91 Ryan Butler

94 Morrell

98 Kodiak Cannedy

100 Cooper Flynn (NHSCA MS National Champ)

106 Emory Taylor/Braxton Mann (MS State Champ)

113 Isaiah Gorenflo

120 Tyler Seely (5th in State)

126 Calvin Martin (State Champ)

132 Kyle Burns (6th/2nd State)/Dillon Lemons

138 Chase Brown (4th in State)/Nate Wysong (5th in State)

145 Luke Story

152 Josh Teaster (5th in State)

160 Chase Diehl (3rd in State)

170 Dawson Satterfield (3rd in State)/Jacob Morrell

182 Max Grayson (2nd in State)

195 Jeremy Spangler (2nd in State)

220 Javier Salvador 2x NHSCA All-American

285 Jacob Coppenger

Come watch some good wrestling Saturday! 

Derek Harrison

Right. Seems as if the powers that be could care less about growing wrestling in TN.

Yes, because putting the results on track is certainly what grows wrestling in Tennessee... right...

Guys, events like these are what grow wrestling in TN. I remember attending my freshman year of HS and I was sold. I had just finished my freshman year of high school and I was on the cadet team (yes, we had so much participation that each region had junior and cadet teams). It was hosted in Cleveland's wrestling facility, and I had never a facility like it (over a decade later, it's still one of the best practice rooms in the South)

I had the chance wrestle freestyle and Greco against some of the most competitive guys in the state, and then watch some incredible matches with the Juniors. I was pretty new to the international styles, and honestly to wrestling in general. But I'll never forget the guys sticking around to do a few exhibition matches and watching Demetrius Johnson square off with David Mang.

Spending a few weeks training with your biggest in season rivals, and then traveling across the state to compete against these other regions, that will grow wrestling.

The bragging rights that come with your region holding the best of the best trophy, that will grow wrestling.

State champs from different weight classes and divisions, shaking hands and putting on an exhibition match in front of the crowd after the tournament is over, that will help grow wrestling.

The word of mouth when these wrestlers get back to their teams and say what a cool event it was, prompting more guys to wrestle the international styles and try to represent their region next year, that will grow wrestling.

Complaining on CoachT that you can't find the results on track? That doesn't help anything. If you want to grow wrestling, show up to the tournament, pay the $5 entry fee, and cheer these kids on. Or better yet, volunteer to help run the tournament - I bet your entry fee gets waived AND you can be the dude to input results on track.

Sorry for the rant, but I love this event and participated in it throughout my high school career. I think it is part of what lead to the years i spent in this sport and why I follow it to this day. If the powers that be in TN are devoting their energy to bringing this event back, then I do believe they are committed to growing wrestling in TN. Participation here can increase participation in FS/Greco state (the one place we can settle all the D1 vs D2 arguments) leading the top athletes to pursue SE Regionals, National Duals, and Fargo. And having attended all of those events in my competitive career, I can promise you the the top collegiate D1 coaches are there watching.

This years Best of the Best dual was one of the best if not the BEST event in Tennessee to date. It was won by the EAST (BEAST) Team who took down the Champs, the South.

This years teams had:

120 plus Wrestlers

50 plus State High School and Middle School State Medalist

​7 TSSAA State Champion

Super 32 Medalists

Fargo National Champion

Fargo National Placers

Prep Nationals Champion

Prep Nationals Medalists

2 NHSCA Nationals Champions

NHSCA Medalists

Multiple National Tournament Champions and Medalists.

The Number 1 and 2 Coaches in the State. 

In my opinion this event is the premiere Dual in the State, and that does not even take into consideration that it was only a second year tournament.

This years Best of the Best dual was one of the best if not the BEST event in Tennessee to date. It was won by the EAST (BEAST) Team who took down the Champs, the South.

This years teams had:

120 plus Wrestlers

50 plus State High School and Middle School State Medalist

​7 TSSAA State Champion

Super 32 Medalists

Fargo National Champion

Fargo National Placers

Prep Nationals Champion

Prep Nationals Medalists

2 NHSCA Nationals Champions

NHSCA Medalists

Multiple National Tournament Champions and Medalists.

The Number 1 and 2 Coaches in the State.

In my opinion this event is the premiere Dual in the State, and that does not even take into consideration that it was only a second year tournament.

That's great, but does anybody have any results to post?