Best of the Best Duals

WrestlingGod

Tennessee Wrestling Federation's IRONMAN will be a good tournament to see some of the Best wrestlers in Tennessee make their mark on the mat. Some weight classes have multiple State Champs in them. Look forward to seeing you there. This tournament will be on Trackwrestling.com

Gentlemen!

Though I appreciate my name being mentioned in the "#1/#2" conversation on this prestigious thread, there is one simple fact that is being overlooked here...I'm not even the #1 or #2 wrestling coach on my campus! When you're privileged enough to have coached with and still walk the halls w/ the likes of Coach Turner Jackson, Steve Logsdon, and Chad Laxton, it's hard not to laugh when I read this thread. Not mention, I have some pretty great assistants on campus as well. Again, it's a privilege and honor to even have my name mentioned, but it simply is not true. Coach Bosken is well on his way as I hope that maybe one day I might be as well. Again, thank you, though, Coach Bowers. But, as mentioned earlier, I do believe that it was a simple reference to where our respective teams finished this year in the AAA state tournaments, nothing more and nothing less.

Another a fact that I'd like to point out is that our state is full of very good, high quality coaches, both young, old, and legendary. Over the past 10-15 years and as my traveling in and w/ the off-season has increased, I've seen first hand that our coaches here in TN are as top-notch as many other areas/states. This current group of younger coaches (the "next generation" as I've heard them called) that is heavily involved w/ our off-season/international style programs now is as motivated and eager of a group as I've ever seen w/in TN. With organized effort, continued learning w/in all styles, and a lot of hard work, I believe that TN can close the gap w/ other states if we continue to work together and improve.

Lastly, for the record, I wouldn't want Coach Ben Bowers job. It's a thankless job that catches a lot of heat. But, Coach Bowers has stepped up to the plate is doing the best job that he can. He has the time, he has the passion and he's willing to put both of them into our off-season USAW program year-round. A lot of coaches, myself included, have the energy and passion to do his job but time escapes us due to the running of our respective programs. I don't always agree w/ everything Coach Bowers does, but I always factor in the sacrifice that he makes to serve our wrestling community when I take my concerns, conflicts, resolutions, and/or suggestions to him via call, text, email, or meeting. I urge others do the same if issues arise. He's always willing to talk w/ me and has always been respectful to our program, our coaches, and myself in all of our past dealings.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at Summit. Safe travels and safety to our wrestlers,

Ben Smith

Bradley Wrestling

• Upvote 2