WVHS & BCHS Spring ~updates~

WVFan22

I keep checking back with little to no chatter on these two teams.

Being out of town these past 6 months I haven't had the time to really follow these two teams off-seasons. 

Any news on WV and how they plan to replace the exodus of receiver and running back talent. 

And who is the heir apparent now that the last Copeland is gone from Bradley? Will we see a drop off from Bradley?

Figured it would be good to combine these two for the upcoming spring since there is a lack of chatter for either team. 

I keep checking back with little to no chatter on these two teams.

Being out of town these past 6 months I haven't had the time to really follow these two teams off-seasons.

Any news on WV and how they plan to replace the exodus of receiver and running back talent.

And who is the heir apparent now that the last Copeland is gone from Bradley? Will we see a drop off from Bradley?

Figured it would be good to combine these two for the upcoming spring since there is a lack of chatter for either team.

WV should be ok. They have Gibson. Now the best QB in the area. As long as they have WR that can catch, they'll put up a lot of points.

It's unclear on our QB situation yet. Standifer is good and can be as good as most QB around here. Being a little short will hurt. Also heard that Howell may be our QB. Heard he can sling it as well. Both are also very good at WR. Bradley is stacked at WR. We can hope and pray that Devin is healthy at RB this year and will get to play from the get go. That young man can not catch a break from injuries.

Also heard our back up Adam, RB and starter, after Devin went down from an ACL last moved to LB.

Bradley has 23-26 seniors on this team this year. All talented players. Some of the most talented in the area and Tn. Which unfortunately, the 2 twins are moving back to Alabama. That hurts big. Keep hearing a lot of position changes for Bradley this year.

Bradley's best should be

1. WR group

2. 2 hogs on the OL.

3. Linebackers

4. RB Devin if he is ready. He is a bull dozer beast. Best RB we have had since Rue and Justin.

WV best.

Well they have Gibson. More than enough!

It should be a good year for both Bradley and WV. As long as the injury bug doesn't hit hard.

Last Copeland is gone, but wait another year or 2. Got a kid (if he goes to Bradley which most think he will) from Lake Forest coming up. Might could be better than any Copeland we have ever had. You just got to watch this kid. His highlight reil is unreal. He will be a star.

Edited by DaChampsAgain

Pretty good run down, seems like if Bradley can figure out the QB situation they will be pretty solid again. Seems like the Devin kid cant catch a break. Was he #5 last year? Kid looked like a stud vs us if i remember correctly. 

Anybody have any WV tidbits?, I heard they reshuffled some coaches? Spring ball dates/scrimmages? 

Pretty good run down, seems like if Bradley can figure out the QB situation they will be pretty solid again. Seems like the Devin kid cant catch a break. Was he #5 last year? Kid looked like a stud vs us if i remember correctly.

Anybody have any WV tidbits?, I heard they reshuffled some coaches? Spring ball dates/scrimmages?

Yes sir, that would be him. Past 2 years he got injured and been out the past 2 seasons. Hope he goes out with a bang his senior year!

Sorry don't know much bout WV, but I do work with Gibson's uncle. Maybe I can get him to spill the beans to me bout that team this year lol. We argue quite a bit at work over this game lol.

Yes sir, that would be him. Past 2 years he got injured and been out the past 2 seasons. Hope he goes out with a bang his senior year!

Sorry don't know much bout WV, but I do work with Gibson's uncle. Maybe I can get him to spill the beans to me bout that team this year lol. We argue quite a bit at work over this game lol.

WV lost two of thier better coaches to other programs and a third stepped down. Supposedly they have a couple coming in to replace. Ryan is still in the main spot so I wouldn't worry much about them doing anything special. Talents been there and the JV coaches did a decent job with a offense full of freshman only bad games they had was when the Freshman played Cleveland. And the same night the JV played Ooltewah. That split the two squads up and they don't have the depth to compete as a solo unit. Me personally would never play a freshman football game as a coach I'd rather play JV give them a true look at playing against and with other kids. And if you don't have the numbers in certain areas of the game i. e. O line or D line. Then it helps you. As far as Varsity goes they have a great QB one what could be great receiver who is big and athletic in Westfield a O line that( outside the one guard who does nothing but run around waving his arms) should be one of the best if not the best they've had. D Line he has plenty who can play ( proven in a JV game against Rhea lost but one of the most physical games I've seen ) but the Headman has to let them play. Their Linebackers have to be replaced and they are supposedly getting some baseball basketball players coming out again this year. There are two Linebackers that didn't play last year as sophs that could help a lot and one is a hard nosed kid. I do know one of the JV running backs has grown and is getting strong. He could be a very good back but with the Headman you never know who will get on the field. I hope to get to a couple spring practices for all our schools this year. One question to DaChamps. Why would they take the ball out of Standifers hands. He's smaller than Howell but I think at QB he's tougher. With there O line he could run the ball on the keeper or throw that quick out they like. Or with his lack of height just do what Copeland did roll out and see what's available.

It's unclear on our QB situation yet. Standifer is good and can be as good as most QB around here. Being a little short will hurt. Also heard that Howell may be our QB. Heard he can sling it as well. Both are also very good at WR. Bradley is stacked at WR. We can hope and pray that Devin is healthy at RB this year and will get to play from the get go. That young man can not catch a break from injuries.

. One question to DaChamps. Why would they take the ball out of Standifers hands. He's smaller than Howell but I think at QB he's tougher. With there O line he could run the ball on the keeper or throw that quick out they like. Or with his lack of height just do what Copeland did roll out and see what's available.

Howell is a Jr and if you are waiting on a kid to be there in two years the question is what about the year in between.

Standifer fits the timeline much better because he has two more years to play, but he is playing baseball, too. So how much of spring and 7 on 7 play is he going to work in? I like what I have seen of his play, but then he has been asked to do an awful lot. WR, Punter, QB all last year.

Going to be interesting to see where things end up.

Howell is a Jr and if you are waiting on a kid to be there in two years the question is what about the year in between.

Standifer fits the timeline much better because he has two more years to play, but he is playing baseball, too. So how much of spring and 7 on 7 play is he going to work in? I like what I have seen of his play, but then he has been asked to do an awful lot. WR, Punter, QB all last year.

So a little bit of a QB controversy? Seems just about right with no Copeland in the wings. Who are you expecting to take the job ALT?  Luckily we still have Gibson for one more year. after him I haven't seen much from our young guys. Last year was a train wreck in the JV games I attended.  

So a little bit of a QB controversy? Seems just about right with no Copeland in the wings. Who are you expecting to take the job ALT?  Luckily we still have Gibson for one more year. after him I haven't seen much from our young guys. Last year was a train wreck in the JV games I attended.  

Not so much controversy, as simply who gets the job.

I think, in the end, it's going to be Standifer. Experience running the offense, granted not much but more than anyone else. He took over the team when Copeland went down, (Copeland hurt his shoulder inititally against Dobyns-Bennett, and Standifer ran 1st team practice most of the week) and played the two toughest games in the season, Hardin Valley and Maryville.

Against Hardin Valley he played well enough for the team to still win the game, if the defense gets one stop, which in most games they could and did. I thought before the season Hardin Valley was the one game that was a real chance to lose besides Maryville. He played ok against Maryville, but that is not a good time to get your first start as a QB. :)

I would have loved to have had Copeland playing to really see what we could do, but I don't think we beat Maryville even with Copeland although our chances were better. You have to really have a complete team and players hitting on every cylinder and not make ANY mistakes to beat them.

Edited by alt1958

I want Standifer to get the job. He is our best option. Just heard from a couple players and moms that it's up for grabs right now. Standifer can win us some big games. Looking forward to watching him get better as the season goes by.

I want Standifer to get the job. He is our best option. Just heard from a couple players and moms that it's up for grabs right now. Standifer can win us some big games. Looking forward to watching him get better as the season goes by.

From everything I've been told he sounds like the best option by far. Already has some experience and performed pretty well based off his stats from receiver. 

learned walker starts their spring practice tomorrow and scrimmages Hendersonville at TN-tech. trying to maybe check out a practice, most likely wont be able to make it to the scrimmage. Anyone know if practices are open?