• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Welcome to CoachT.com Message Boards

Take part in our online community by signing up! Get in the game today! This message disappears when you sign in.

abouttogetmessi

A/AA Stronger than recent years?

24 posts in this topic

I've witnessed a slew of A/AA teams beat AAA teams this year. The field seems to be much deeper than previous years. Here's a laundry list of A/AA teams I've gathered that have proven themselves to be solid squads:

The Regulars:

1. CAK

2. CPA

3. CCS

3. White House

4. Notre Dame

5. Knox Catholic

Recent year regulars:

1. Page

2. Hume-Fogg

3. Greenville

4. Central Magnet

5. WH-Heritage

6. MLK

7. Lipscomb Academy

8. Merrol Hyde

2017 Qualities:

1. Alcoa

2. Loudon

3. Boyd

4. Stratford

5. Fairview

6. Sycamore

7. Harpeth

Thoughts on this being the deepest A/AA since the merger? Spring fling predictions? Middle Tennessee sub-states and East sub-states should be high-quality matches.

Edited by abouttogetmessi

I just hope our overrated team can make it out of districts. :)

I do think there is more parity this year. Should be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Edited by reaction

Macon County just defeated Springfield 3-2. Springfield is moving back AA next year though. On the whole AA soccer is gaining through better coaching and the growth of the popularity of the game in general.

I just hope our overrated team can make it out of districts. :)

I do think there is more parity this year. Should be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

I think the problem is in the coaching (mostly the volunteer assistants).  :mrgreen:

I think the problem is in the coaching (mostly the volunteer assistants). :mrgreen:

:)

Nice to see more public schools in there.  But A/AA is still dominated by the privates come tournament time.  Hard to compete against teams with players from multiple areas of their county or even multiple counties.  Praise God that there is one making the move to DII.  

Nice to see more public schools in there.  But A/AA is still dominated by the privates come tournament time.  Hard to compete against teams with players from multiple areas of their county or even multiple counties.  Praise God that there is one making the move to DII.  

I am sure I will stir the pot here....

What will you do with open zoned public schools once we are gone?

I am sure I will stir the pot here....

What will you do with open zoned public schools once we are gone?

Yeah, you know the ones that charge an "out of zone fee" (tuition) but it can be "waived" (scholarship)?

Here in Knoxville:

Oak Ridge

Alcoa

Maryville

Greeneville

:popcorneater:

Not too many open zone systems.  MNPS is, but most of their teams are AAA anyway.   And their zones aren't open to other counties and states either.