A/AA Stronger than recent years?

abouttogetmessi

Not too many open zone systems.  MNPS is, but most of their teams are AAA anyway.   And their zones aren't open to other counties and states either.

So Greeneville and Alcoa (Greeneville is Back to Back state champs) don't count? What about magnet schools?

Isn't Hume Fogg a magnet school that can get kids from other school zones? Aren't they doing pretty well, too?

And yes, their zones are open to other counties. That's why they are called "OPEN ZONED". I know several kids who are zoned for Farragut who attend Oak Ridge.

Explain to me the difference between an open zoned public school which charges an out of zone fee (that can also waive said fee) and a private school?

So Page high school can have a top team in the state, even with private schools, but everyone else can't?

I understand your happiness, but it won't solve your problem.

So Greeneville and Alcoa (Greeneville is Back to Back state champs) don't count? What about magnet schools?

Isn't Hume Fogg a magnet school that can get kids from other school zones? Aren't they doing pretty well, too?

And yes, their zones are open to other counties. That's why they are called "OPEN ZONED". I know several kids who are zoned for Farragut who attend Oak Ridge.

Explain to me the difference between an open zoned public school which charges an out of zone fee (that can also waive said fee) and a private school?

So Page high school can have a top team in the state, even with private schools, but everyone else can't?

Look at the numbers of privates to public over the years in A/AA.  Privates dominate the brackets every year.  Yeah their are plenty of good public schools.  Page is good but hasn't won a state, and when they were there (twice) they were defeated buy a private.  Get em out of DI.  

I just hope our overrated team can make it out of districts. :)

I do think there is more parity this year. Should be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

I don't see much of an issue getting out of districts. Spring Hill seems down this year. Nolensville is a few years away from making noise. Giles Co. is fielding half soccer players and have football players this year. Clear cut Page and CPA finals. Region looks to be Fairview and Montgomery Central. Sub-state should pose your first true test. 

This argument is nauseating. TSSAA clearly saw a problem with it; thus, the change is coming.

2017-18 soccer calendar can not get here soon enough. I am looking much more forward to hearing the conversation stop, rather than getting the privates out.  :roll:

I don't see much of an issue getting out of districts. Spring Hill seems down this year. Nolensville is a few years away from making noise. Giles Co. is fielding half soccer players and have football players this year. Clear cut Page and CPA finals. Region looks to be Fairview and Montgomery Central. Sub-state should pose your first true test.

Boyd won't play any of those teams until state, if we are fortunate enough to make it there. :)

Haven't you learned. As long as the private schools are gone all is well. Nothing else matters. :)

I can only speak for Alcoa. We just roll the ball out and we play. We traditionally play most of the local private schools because we want good matches that make us better (Berean, Grace, CAK, Catholic, Webb). I see us continuing to do this as it helps us to measure ourselves.I don't know that anyone here on the soccer side has ever heard Alcoa complain. We have opinions, sure, but we just keep working. 

:motorbike:

I can only speak for Alcoa. We just roll the ball out and we play. We traditionally play most of the local private schools because we want good matches that make us better (Berean, Grace, CAK, Catholic, Webb). I see us continuing to do this as it helps us to measure ourselves.I don't know that anyone here on the soccer side has ever heard Alcoa complain. We have opinions, sure, but we just keep working. 

thats because yall typicly arnt fraid to look within for any of the losses you might encure...yall didnt complain bout them privates too much in the football threads either

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

:motorbike:I

That's awesome you aren't complaining.  Too bad you guys have only made 2 regions and one state in 8 years because of teams like CAK and Catholic.  Wish you guys the best and GO ALCOA!!

That's awesome you aren't complaining.  Too bad you guys have only made 2 regions and one state in 8 years because of teams like CAK and Catholic.  Wish you guys the best and GO ALCOA!!

Thank you for the kind words. Tonight was a big night for the Tornadoes:

Alcoa 3 Catholic 1

Good luck to everyone!

Thank you for the kind words. Tonight was a big night for the Tornadoes:

Alcoa 3 Catholic 1

Good luck to everyone!

Stinkin' public schools beating up on those poor privates.

KICK THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS OUT!!!! THIS ISN'T FAIR!

:popcorneater:

In all seriousness, nice win, Alcoa dad!  You all have worked hard on getting where you are.  Never complained.